Our Ship - Armour

How much armour will our ship have?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 am

10cm (-2% speed, -4% movement, -1 ship production)
No votes
20cm (-4% speed, -8% movement, -2 ship production)
13%
30cm (-6% speed, -12% movement, -3 ship production)
9%
40cm (-8% speed, -16% movement, -4 ship production)
6%
50cm (-10% speed, -20% movement, -5 ship production)
No votes
60cm (-12% speed, -24% movement, -6 ship production)
19%
61cm< ...
No votes
Traditional armour
3%
Ablative armour
34%
Mixture (Specify)
16%

Total votes: 32
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Our Ship - Armour

Post by Tsukiyumi »

If you doubt my authenticity, I can post a picture of me holding today's newspaper while flipping you the bird.

Just offering.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh, right cause you'd tell us all about going through that stuff right? Besides, I'm not even allowed to talk about some of the stuff.
I can if you want me too. I can talk about worse if you want to talk about what comes across my desk at work?
I know one ex-soldier but he's not talking to me because he blames me for being an ex-soldier, despite the fact that I never forced him to climb that tree.
Would you like to speak to someone about the war? I'm sure I could find a number of people you could speak to in order to understand it a little more.
To impress us. Hey, I'm Angelina Jolie.
With as much of a heartless asshole that I can be, I'm still glad I'm not you.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:If you doubt my authenticity, I can post a picture of me holding today's newspaper while flipping you the bird.

Just offering.
If you doubt me you can look at my avatar. :lol:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Deepcrush wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:If you doubt my authenticity, I can post a picture of me holding today's newspaper while flipping you the bird.

Just offering.
You still have the clearly fake christmas hat
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm too ugly to use my face as an avatar. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Just offering.
As someone in a photoshop class, I know just how easy it is to fake a picture like that. In fact, if I had a realistic 3D model of a chakat, I could take the picture you suggested, and replace the picture(assuming you're holding the paper from the top) and make it look like you have your hand on hir shoulder. I don't plan on doing that unless you pay me of course, but I could do it.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Oh, please, all you need is a copy of something like that and use photoshop on it
Than go verify this on your own:

Basic 7 March 1997 course 9710

Basic Driver Wheeled, CFB Borden April 1997

Nova Scotia International Tattoo, security staff May 07-Aug 07

Radio Operator QL3 course. Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics: Sept 07-Dec07

Posted to 2 CMBG HQ & Sigs Squadron 04 January at CFB Petawawa.

Deployed to Operation Recuperation 98 January (otherwise known as the Ice Storm) to end Feb.

Called out for SAR on Base in Mar 98.

Brief stint at Leadership Company, CFB Petawawa as CSM/OC's driver/signaller

Combat Team Commanders Course, CFB Gagetown Sept 98: Comm staff

Injured 01 Jun 99: Exercise Mercury Strike. Detachment commander MCpl Donny Lasante killed.

Sept 99: Light Communications Terminal course, CFSCE CFB Kingston.

Jan 00-March 00: TCCCS Integration Progect. Bison (APC) driver/maintainer + comms duties

April 00: Posted to 2 ASG Signals Squadron, CFB Petawawa building S-111 IS Maint section

15 August 03: Medically released from the Canadian Forces.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Oh, please, all you need is a copy of something like that and use photoshop on it
Than go verify this on your own:

Basic 7 March 1997 course 9710

Basic Driver Wheeled, CFB Borden April 1997

Nova Scotia International Tattoo, security staff May 07-Aug 07

Radio Operator QL3 course. Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics: Sept 07-Dec07

Posted to 2 CMBG HQ & Sigs Squadron 04 January at CFB Petawawa.

Deployed to Operation Recuperation 98 January (otherwise known as the Ice Storm) to end Feb.

Called out for SAR on Base in Mar 98.

Brief stint at Leadership Company, CFB Petawawa as CSM/OC's driver/signaller

Combat Team Commanders Course, CFB Gagetown Sept 98: Comm staff

Injured 01 Jun 99: Exercise Mercury Strike. Detachment commander MCpl Donny Lasante killed.

Sept 99: Light Communications Terminal course, CFSCE CFB Kingston.

Jan 00-March 00: TCCCS Integration Progect. Bison (APC) driver/maintainer + comms duties

April 00: Posted to 2 ASG Signals Squadron, CFB Petawawa building S-111 IS Maint section

15 August 03: Medically released from the Canadian Forces.
You should be the one providing the material, not asking me to do your dirty work.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:

Just offering.
As someone in a photoshop class, I know just how easy it is to fake a picture like that. In fact, if I had a realistic 3D model of a chakat, I could take the picture you suggested, and replace the picture(assuming you're holding the paper from the top) and make it look like you have your hand on hir shoulder. I don't plan on doing that unless you pay me of course, but I could do it.
Like I said, if i wanted to lie, I wouldn't have a link to my MySpace page :arrow: , and use my real name all over the place.

Plus, I would've picked a better-looking guy.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Oh for god sake Blackstar give it up.

He's obviously who he says he is. If you honestly think he's lying than you truely are a moron (and I useually dont throw insults around here) but if your using that arguement as a cover for wanting to avoid the topic at hand... stop, your coming across as a right arsehole.
Last edited by Teaos on Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:

Just offering.
You still have the clearly fake christmas hat
True, but my hat under is a Red Ocean City hat with a yellow stripe flounder and trib hook in its mouth. Said hat was eaten by my g/fs dog 3 months ago.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:Oh for god sake Blackstar give it up.

He's obviously who he says he is. If you honestly think he's lying than you truely are a moron (and I useually dont throw insults around here) but if your using that arguement as a cover for wanting to avoid the topic at hand... stop, your coming across as a right arsehole.
He can't give it up, its to late. The little boy has already dug himself so deep that he might as well just keep going. Plus, its not that he's coming across as a ass, he is an ass. Though the two may be close together as you have to start somewhere.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I'm too ugly to use my face as an avatar. :wink:
Too ugly?

For a counter to thinking you're to ugly please follow the arrow... :arrow:

That's what I thought, you just burnt that excuse so try again.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

If I can 611-RT this thread, I'd like to reiterate that the Federation has no known dedicated battleship. Even the Sov was designed as a multi-role explorer type, albeit heavily armed. Something big and mean to stand up to any future Scimitar, Dominion Battleship, Borg Cube, or large fleet incursions against high-value planets seems to be warranted. During the Dominion War, the capture of Betazed by the Dominion put them in a position to attack Vulcan, Andoria, and Earth IIRC.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You should be the one providing the material, not asking me to do your dirty work.
You are such a sad, pointless, crybaby, whinner, gripper, nose picker (i'm guessing here! lol), did I say sad, SAD, deadbeat, floopy mouthed and to top it off annoying little person.

Now, as I'm so sure you life seems to race by you at a pace long since beyond anything you'd care to try and catch up to we should just hop back to topic and forget that you even exist so long as you inteed to dumb down this once joy filled topic.

I just said that all in one sentence and that was really long, lol.

Can we start talking about weapons now?