Adding a third nacell?

The Next Generation
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

One the subject of maneuvering it's true that you aren't going to be able to totally get out of a federation ships phasor arc. And the phasors seem to miss rarely.

Torpedos however are a different story. I don't remember how often they miss. But there is a lot of time where they could be firing but aren't. Presumably because they lack a target lock/firing solution to allow them to hit the target.

And other races weapons in Trek miss a lot. Just to refresh my memory I watched the Duras sisters trying to shoot down the E-D. After Data started going evasive they had a hit percentage at or below 33%. And the E-D was the starfleet equivalent of the broad side of a barn really.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starfleet accuracy isn't that great either. I could dig out TrekMiss again if anyone wants some evidence to prove it. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

just joining in here,without ready that many preceding posts(ok i read 2), and wary of further topic deviation,does anyone here rate dominion or romulan accuracy as any higher or lower,than that of the federation or klingons?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I think the reason why the Lakota didn't miss was because she was engaging the Defiant at close range. At that range you could hit just about anything.

Wait...are we still talking about the Prometheus' issues or the Defiant's?
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

I haven't seen that before so go ahead and dig it out. :D

Sounds like fun.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"Realistically," nothing fired by a ship with the kind of fire control computing and sensor equipment such as that featured in the 24th century should ever miss... ever, save for a sudden jump to warp, etc. However, it doesn't make for great drama.

I wonder if having phaser arrays, as opposed to single-emitter disrupters, would enhance accuracy, or detract from it?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

perhaps mikey,that countermeasures have exceeded the 'measures' ie target acquisition, i know that sounds preposterous and people will quote allsorts about electronic countermeasures etc, but am trying here :-)
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Wait...are we still talking about the Prometheus' issues or the Defiant's?
When most people are satisfied with the end of the debate it just moves on.
I think that now we are at weapons acuracy.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

sunnyside wrote:I haven't seen that before so go ahead and dig it out. :D

Sounds like fun.
The reason I asked is because there's at least a couple of people here who aren't keen on it.

Voila
Last edited by Captain Seafort on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

hahahaha, that hurt my ribs,funny
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The music in that makes the whole thing seem hilarious. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

i like DS9 popping out torpedos like a horny hare, yet missing the immense fleet
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

You've got to hit a Negh'Var a couple of times just by accident! That's like throwing a ball into the air and missing!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

My personal fave was the Klingon ship classing a barely-moving satalite as a 'very difficult' target. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:My personal fave was the Klingon ship classing a barely-moving satalite as a 'very difficult' target. :lol:
Well if he was targetting it visually rather then using a computer it would be difficult.