ST:XI Spoiler Thread (READ AT OWN RISK)

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: ST:XI Spoiler Thread (READ AT OWN RISK)

Post by Nickswitz »

Yeah, that's why I said "they may be doing something similar to that"
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Nickswitz wrote:Yeah, that's why I said "they may be doing something similar to that"
Oh, true, but, since it is a new continuity, there's no gurantee.

But, if this 'new' E-nill is to replace the old E-nill, then it would make sense that Starfleet would upgrade it at some point.

The thing is I just don't see them [Paramount and crew] doing something like this as its been done before in TMP, unless they figure out a really new way to do it.

You guys need a :weird: emote. :?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

There may not even be a refit, this is essentially a new continuity (alternate universe yay!), so there's no reason to assume there will be a refit or if there is that it will even remotely resemble the TMP one.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Cpl Kendall wrote:There may not even be a refit, this is essentially a new continuity (alternate universe yay!), so there's no reason to assume there will be a refit or if there is that it will even remotely resemble the TMP one.
Exactly what I was getting at, thank you. :lol:
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Just to mess with your minds a bit more, there was also the abortive Phase II Enterprise, which looked like the finalized TMP refit but slightly different.
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Lazar wrote:Just to mess with your minds a bit more, there was also the abortive Phase II Enterprise, which looked like the finalized TMP refit but slightly different.
I like it a lot! The emergency bridge is a great idea, as is the design of this bridge.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Can't wait for Graham to update the Constitution Page on the main website.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Lazar wrote:Just to mess with your minds a bit more, there was also the abortive Phase II Enterprise, which looked like the finalized TMP refit but slightly different.
Not messing with my mind, I've heard of Phase II.

And it never happened, so its not cannon anyway. ;)
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

She's been confired as 3,000ft long. whether this matches what we've seen on screen...we'll likely have to wait for DVD/Blu-Ray and do some scaling.

"J.J. and Roger and I would go over things and I would send retouched drawings or diagrams back to the folks at ILM," says Earl. "It's sort of taking everything that's come before and trying to build upon that. J.J. wanted you to be in a moment with the characters on a ship and then be able to cut to an exterior shot of the ship and have it feel just as realistic."
Another aspect was the daunting scale of the ships. The Enterprise is 3,000 feet long but bad guy Eric Bana's ship is designed to appear a humongous five miles long.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Cpl Kendall wrote:She's been confired as 3,000ft long. whether this matches what we've seen on screen...we'll likely have to wait for DVD/Blu-Ray and do some scaling.

"J.J. and Roger and I would go over things and I would send retouched drawings or diagrams back to the folks at ILM," says Earl. "It's sort of taking everything that's come before and trying to build upon that. J.J. wanted you to be in a moment with the characters on a ship and then be able to cut to an exterior shot of the ship and have it feel just as realistic."
Another aspect was the daunting scale of the ships. The Enterprise is 3,000 feet long but bad guy Eric Bana's ship is designed to appear a humongous five miles long.
Arrrggg nooo!!!! :bangwall:

The original E-nill was only like 400 meters, the Enterprise E isn't even 3,000 feet long!!!! :bangwall:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Remember, whats said outside of the movie isn't canon (thank goodness).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:Remember, whats said outside of the movie isn't canon (thank goodness).
Well, that statement seems to come from Abrams himself, its still not cannon, but if thats his idea then its probably just as good as cannon isn't it, since it may be cannonized in another movie?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

LaughingCheese wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:She's been confired as 3,000ft long. whether this matches what we've seen on screen...we'll likely have to wait for DVD/Blu-Ray and do some scaling.

Arrrggg nooo!!!! :bangwall:

The original E-nill was only like 400 meters, the Enterprise E isn't even 3,000 feet long!!!! :bangwall:
Eh, whatever.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

me,myself and I wrote: Eh, whatever.
Huh? :?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I think he's saying that, like me, he doesn't mind if they change the size.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939