New forum

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: New forum

Post by stitch626 »

Reliant121 wrote:stats-smileys are important
:D
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

yahoo! go writing tablets take a life to adjust to
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I don't suppose it would be possible, on a page listing multiple topics, for topics that only have one page to still list the number of pages, like the topics with more then one page.

Its only so when I'm reading new posts, I can be really lazy and just move my cursor down and click the last number, rather then having to shift my cursor across.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

kostmayer wrote:I don't suppose it would be possible, on a page listing multiple topics, for topics that only have one page to still list the number of pages, like the topics with more then one page.

Its only so when I'm reading new posts, I can be really lazy and just move my cursor down and click the last number, rather then having to shift my cursor across.
I'm not sure I understand the issue. Are we talking about the topics list, and the little page indicators on the right of the topic column, looks kinda like this:
:o Post Title here---------------------gap here-------------------------1 2 3 ... 9
details here
And you want something like this:
:o Post Title here---------------------gap here-------------------------1 2 3 ... 9
details here
:o Post Title here---------------------gap here--------------------------------1
details here
so you can see the latest posts without moving the mouse? If so do you know about the little orange page symbol and what it does?
I'll represent it here with this :madashell:
:o :madashell: Post Title here---------------------gap here-------------------------1 2 3 ... 9
details here
:o :madashell: Post Title here
details here
If you click that it will take you to the last post in that thread that you have read. If you haven't read anything in that post you don't see the symbol and you can just click the post title to see the first. Does that help with what you want. The other problem with just clicking on the last page is that there may have been two new pages since you last looked at that topic.
email, ergo spam
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Ah, I think I've found it - now I can just click down the left :)

"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

kostmayer wrote:Ah, I think I've found it - now I can just click down the left :)

Good, that's what I thought.
email, ergo spam
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Initially, not a fan. I prefered the old format, but I'll reserve judgement for the moment. I prefered the easy readability of the previous.

But compliments for the work, the graphics are impressive if nothing else.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I am becoming accustomed to it now, and I like it. Not only is it pretty to look at, but I like some of the features. Nice work :D
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Agreed. I think I've settled into it quite nicely by now.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah a few tweaks and everything has come together nicely.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

The new forum is pretty slick. Thanks for all the work guys!

Regarding all this knee injury talk... for the past year or so, my left (and sometimes right) knee has been bothering me alot. I'm not sure why, but my fiancee thinks it's because I walk with my feet pointed outwards quite a bit. What do you guys think? The worst part is, I just bought my very first standard-shift car AND a brand new bicycle, and BOTH irritate the mystery injury badly.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

schizo-hal wrote:The new forum is pretty slick. Thanks for all the work guys!

Regarding all this knee injury talk... for the past year or so, my left (and sometimes right) knee has been bothering me alot. I'm not sure why, but my fiancee thinks it's because I walk with my feet pointed outwards quite a bit. What do you guys think? The worst part is, I just bought my very first standard-shift car AND a brand new bicycle, and BOTH irritate the mystery injury badly.
Try to get an MRI or CAT scan soon, if you can. Trust me, the longer you put something like that off, the worse it can become. If you're lucky, you only pulled something; it can be surprisingly easy to damage ligaments, espescially the older you get. X-Ray won't pick this kind of injury up, unless the person reading it is highly trained, so if it persists, don't ignore it. Seriously.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Thanks. Hmm, now all I need is health insurance!
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ah the advantages of the NHS.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

There was a thing on the news tonight about robotic arms being controlled by the brain.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.