USS Daystrom sign in

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

And, this is just a personal preference, but if the helm is off set from the center that it's set off to the left. I figure it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Come on! Get drawing on MS Paint and get in some designs :wink:
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

PAINT!?!! pfft.. how bout some AutoCAD

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Sweet that looks good. I was looking for pics of other ships bridges but the closest thing I could find was the Promethius

http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daybody=/ ... .php?VOY81

But that doesnt have nearly enough stations for us so your one works better.

The other things we need to think of are:

*Do we have a battlebridge or just pull a Voyager and convert engineering or something into one if need be?

*What are the specific rolls of each of our senior officers during battle?

So far 4 different people have talked about sensors.

So fill this out with the normal rolls and the rolls during battle for these people.

Captain: Normally day to day running in battle gives the commands.
XO: Pretty much same as above but deffers to captain.
CSO: Works on what ever the current project is. In battle reads the none tatical sensor readings.
CMO: Does what a doctor does.
CTO: Takes care of weaponary and defense onboard. Advises captain during battle, fires weapons.
COO: Handles all communications of the ship.
CEO: Runs engineering. Responsibal for keeping the ship running during battle.
Diplomat: Advises captain on local politics and negotiations during meetings.
Tactical crewmen (Metalhead): Training himself and other during none battle, Fighter pilot or group troop during fighting.
Helm: Drives.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Nice, DarkOmen. I was thinking of a more circular layout, with the entrances to the ready room and conference room farther forward on the sides, but the floorplan is very close to what I was trying to describe.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

My job gets summed up in one word. That's a little depressing. Well, I guess I'll have to compensate for the lack of variety in my job with my personality.

I like the bridge except for the single turbolift. My taur-form body can't easily navigate the Jefferys tubes in an emergency, and I'm sure our Tholian crew member has similar concerns. Two turboshafts would increase the chances that one will be operational and that all of the bridge crew can evacuate at once.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

As far as role: the models for my ops station are a little vague, comprising Data and Kim. My vision is to have it be the station where the mission-specific operations are centralized - my intrusion on Seafort, for example, was to adjust the sensors for mission-specific purposes; if we're scanning for life forms, or planetary classes, that would be Teaos' job - as it would be to help me interpret findings. I can handle communications too, if you wish - although in TNG et. al., that seemed to be handled by tactical(!)

During battle or duress, I figured my job would be to monitor and adjust ship systems, and to coordinate with engineering in compensation and DC strategies, as well as to back up tactical a/o helm if either of those stations should fail or while waiting for replacement staff for that station.

Everyone. let me know if this sounds right, and if anyone thinks that I'm stepping on their toes - that's the last thing I want to do.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Captain: Overall command of the ship. All senior officers report to him. In battle he gives the major orders such as engage in combat retreat and some tactical decisions while leaving the finer details to the rest of the officers.

Second in command: Same as the captain. In charge when captain isn't present and usually leads away teams.

Science: Runs the only lab on ship. In charge of probes and scanners. During battle usually relays information to the captain about enemy capabilities.

Tactical: Responsible for the weapons and defense systems for the ship. During combat they target and fire on enemies.

Security: Works closely with tactical. In charge of on ship and off ship security. During battle they to deal with any boarding parties or board the enemy vessel if called for. Has the tactical group units under their jurisdiction in close co-operation with tactical.

Operations: All ships communication personal and professional goes through here. General running of the ships day to day systems as well. During battle they relay and messages and status reports.

Medical: Day to day health of the crew. Deals with any battle injuries.

Helm: Drives. Should we include the shuttles and fighters under here?

Engineering: Day to day maintenance of the ship. Keeps the ship working during combat by negating damaged systems.

Diplomat: Helps in dealing with other species and powers.

A bit more details. Anyone want to change anything?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Here was my simple paint design. It's a cross between the Sovereign and Intrepid bridges.

All red bits are chairs, purple are turbolifts, the top two green bits are the doors to the briefing room, the left hand green bit is the door to the ready room, and the two blue stations at either side of the room are for anything (engineering, science, damage control, extra-weapons, tactical analsis, etc). The black line through the middle is just a step down.

Also regarding science's roles, I know it sounds like I'm plugging at tactical here, but it was always tactical who scanned the enemy vessels during battle to find the weak spots and the like. Maybe it should be rather scanning round for possible advantages (like looking for nebulae that can help us, or hyper-polar magnetic moons that disrupt their weapons etc).
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Spock and tepol both seemed to be systems scans of the enemy. They were also the ones who picked up on ships at range. Granted those are older series so I guess it can go either way.

I just figure since your busy targetting and such you wouldn't have time for scans. But if you want to do it go ahead science is like a swiss army knife there is always something else to do.

Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Teaos wrote:Spock and tepol both seemed to be systems scans of the enemy. They were also the ones who picked up on ships at range. Granted those are older series so I guess it can go either way.

I just figure since your busy targetting and such you wouldn't have time for scans. But if you want to do it go ahead science is like a swiss army knife there is always something else to do.
Well I'm saying really that because I'm targetting I need to know where I'm targetting. So I'd need to find the weakest spots, it'd be a lot more complicated if science were telling me where to hit from a station across the bridge when I can just push scan :wink:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think they would be more like targetting scanners. The ones I'm talking about are the ones that pick up enemy ships at a distance and tell there capability. We could very well have both.

Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Teaos wrote:I think they would be more like targetting scanners. The ones I'm talking about are the ones that pick up enemy ships at a distance and tell there capability. We could very well have both.
Oh right that's fine, but that's during battle, whereas during an actual battle it would need to be tactical.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

As long as the bridge doesn't look the Promethius i'll be happy.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:As long as the bridge doesn't look the Promethius i'll be happy.
What was wrong with the Prometheas Bridge? I thought it was a well designed bridge, unlike some clunkier designs we saw in TNG. Like the E-D bridge.