DS9 Problems

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
dbutler1986
Petty officer first class

DS9 Problems

Post by dbutler1986 »

Single thread as suggested by Teaos :D

>> Pasted from my thread on Rapture:
In the review: "Sisko claims that the stone pillar is eleven metres high - that's about thirty six feet. He then asks for a 75% reconstruction. Yet what he gets is not even close to being twenty seven feet."

He actually asks for a reconstruction "reduced in size 75%" if I remember right (I saw this a few days ago) which could mean a 25% reconstruction, or about nine feet. That's about what we see in the holosuite.

>> Pasted from my thread on Apocalypse Rising:
" In Homefront/Paradise Lost, Odo could instnatly tell that Admiral Leyton was a changeling. Here he takes a whole episode to work out that Martok is also a changeling."

Yes...but in Paradise Lost, Odo was a changeling; in Apocalypse rising, he was a solid ;) (Also, "instantly" has been typoed there.)

>> Pasted from my thread on Heart of Stone:
In the YATI it says Founders shot with phasers die or revert to their liquid form, so how can the Founder (who is pretending to be Kira being engulfed by a crystal) shoot the crystal (which is really a part of herself)? Well, it seems to me the phaser and phaser beam are just a part of the founder too. After all, Founders aren't seen to use hand-held weapons, preferring to just use their abilities to fight. And we've seen that a Founder can shift into fire, so I'm sure they could shift into a (simulated) phaser beam.

OK, and a new one, a review nit for Waltz:
"Dukat says he can't fix Sisko's broken arm because he isn't familiar with the equipment. Er, isn't this standard Starfleet issue? Shouldn't Sisko be able to use it himself? Even assuming the gadget takes two hands, surely he could at least tell Dukat what to do?"

Actually, Dukat says, "There's a bone regenerator in the medkit, but I'm no doctor." He doesn't mention not being familiar with the equipment.
dbutler1986

Re: DS9 Problems

Post by dbutler1986 »

From "Honor Among Thieves:"
"Bilby says his Starfleet contact was in charge of Risa's weather control system last year. Why is Starfleet in charge of a planet's weather control system? Shouldn't that be a civilian thing?"

This is of course pure speculation, but maybe after the incident with the Essentialists, the Risian authorities decided the weather control system needed some military-grade security?
dbutler1986

From "When it Rains..."

Post by dbutler1986 »

From "When it Rains..."

"Okay, so Kira is going to Cardassia to help the Cardassians form a rebel movement. She will stick out like a sore thumb with her Bajoran nose, and many Cardassians will hate her and not want to listen to her because she is Bajoran. Why didn't Bashir just make her look like a Cardassian?"

Well, Odo did say "Let's see if Bashir can do something about that nose of yours," but Kira said she was only willing to go so far and wasn't going to hide who she was.