Did the site just go down?

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Did the site just go down?

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't know if it was just me, but for the last few hours I kept getting an error message whenever I tried to get onto the forums or the main site itself. I was able to access other sites just fine, though. This happen to anyone else? :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Did the site just go down?

Post by Mikey »

I was at a seminar all morning, but this is the first time I've been able to get on since about 1:00 pm EST (Greenwich minus 5.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

it's been up and down all evening. There has been a problem with the server. I think it is fixed now.
email, ergo spam
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, right.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I noticed. Sat here at work for almost three hours with nothing to do EXCEPT work. At least all is well with the universe again (with me slacking off :happydevil: )
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:I noticed. Sat here at work for almost three hours with nothing to do EXCEPT work. At least all is well with the universe again (with me slacking off :happydevil: )
I hope you're at least getting paid well to slack off. :D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mark wrote:I noticed. Sat here at work for almost three hours with nothing to do EXCEPT work. At least all is well with the universe again (with me slacking off :happydevil: )
I hope you're at least getting paid well to slack off. :D
Ahh no. But I justifiy my behavior with the attitude "they get what they pay for". Plus, I only have couple hours of paperwork a week. Rest is just answering phones :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:Ahh no. But I justifiy my behavior with the attitude "they get what they pay for".
No doubt. When irate customers appeared at any of my jobs, I always told the boss, " You deal with it. That's why you make more than I do."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I had work to do while the board was down (the board could have been down all day for a couple of the last few days and I wouldn't have noticed as I was quite busy for a while... but I'm back to being able to post now). This board has generally been more reliable than that infamous other board of mine, which has a tendency to go down for maybe half an hour every now and then...
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

It just went down briefly - maybe 10-15 minutes, and came back just now for me
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Happened again, for about 5 min