DW 30x13: Journey's End

RedDwarfian
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Re: DW 30x13: Journey's End

Post by RedDwarfian »

I got a kick out of EXTERMINEREN! I don't care that it's lousy German, it made me laugh.

Also, I figured that there was going to be some kind of deus-ex-machina with the spare hand, but I appreciate that they didn't just have it as a throwaway scene. I like that they made it relevant to the plot, with 2 perks: it gave Rose a really good reason to leave again (because she would be determined to stay) and she gets her own Doctor, and Tennant got a nude scene. I'm sure my gf will enjoy both of these.

I loved it when I got Caan's "Three-Fold-Man" prophecy: Proper Doctor, Other Doctor, and the Doctor Donna.
What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

~Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

I thought it was great episode (I watched it on Youtube). It was very interesting.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:More plot devices than you can shake a stick at. The key, the warp star, the Davros-buster gun, Doctor Donna, K-9, etc.
My thoughts exactly. Though I really liked this season finale I don't think it was nearly as good as the previous one's.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

It was pretty cool. Maybe the Daleks have finally been killed. And it was nice that Rose got to have her cake and eat it too so to speak. It sucks that Donna won't be coming back though. Maybe that women he met at The Library will come back since she and the Doctor seemed to have a history he hasn't experianced yet. And that the mastermind behind the Dalek's demise was a Dalek was a brillient twist.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'm glad Donna is gone. I still think she's the worse out of the side kicks I've seen so far. Even the guy that got a hole put in his head was better imo.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Monroe wrote:I'm glad Donna is gone. I still think she's the worse out of the side kicks I've seen so far. Even the guy that got a hole put in his head was better imo.
She was 10x better then the last two girls, who were all heads over heels for the Doctor. It was rather annoying. Although Donna's modesty was a tad annoying at times, but she was the best one so far.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Captain Seafort wrote: Regarding Donna, both with the scene in the Tardis with the Doctor's hand and after she'd been shot by Davros, I was expecting another Chamelon Arch routine. Her turning out to be Romana would have made a lot more sense than the gibberish we got.
That would've kicked about fifty billion kinds of ass, for the record.

And... three of the four series had Daleks at the end. Can we say overused, much? I don't even like the Daleks to begin with!
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote: Regarding Donna, both with the scene in the Tardis with the Doctor's hand and after she'd been shot by Davros, I was expecting another Chamelon Arch routine. Her turning out to be Romana would have made a lot more sense than the gibberish we got.
That would've kicked about fifty billion kinds of ass, for the record.

And... three of the four series had Daleks at the end. Can we say overused, much? I don't even like the Daleks to begin with!
You what...EXTERMINATE!