No PT Replicator
5%

Total votes: 20
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Our Ship - Torpedoes

Post by Deepcrush »

You might want to up your Torp count then. You should have atleast a minutes worth you know.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Anything that can survive a thousand torpedoes in just under a minute, plus our phaser lance config would be pretty damn powerful. A lot of ships seem to go down after just a few torps; this thing could mop up the Klingon fleet from Way of the Warrior in short order, IMO.

If you can lay down 24 torpedoes in one second as your opening attack, most individual ships would be a cloud of vapor. And, there's no reason you'd have to fire continuously; 6 torps at that ship, 6 at another, then a spread of 12 for some other ship... Three dead ships, and you've only used a fraction of the total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

We aren't just talking fleet battles but border control and long range deployments. You should carry a good bit more QTs and save them for big targets since you can't replace them on the go.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:We aren't just talking fleet battles but border control and long range deployments. You should carry a good bit more QTs and save them for big targets since you can't replace them on the go.
That's true. I'd like to see some stats on what our current top speed is, and how much we can improve it by using the remaining space before I settle on a final number for torps. Plus, I was already thinking 800 QTs, and 200 photons standard; we can replace the photon stock, and if we use up the quantums, we can always replicate back up to 1,000, all photon.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah but you'd never fire torpedoes that fast. You do have to aim and lock targets ect. Just because you can doesnt mean you will.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Yeah but you'd never fire torpedoes that fast. You do have to aim and lock targets ect. Just because you can doesnt mean you will.
Trust me - Deep will.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I could but I won't. That would be a waste of good ammo. Killing people is much easier if you have the ammo to do it. Besides, that many TLs would make us a torpedo boat instead of a battleship. We lose staying power if we have to worry about our stock running out a few minutes into the battle.

3 RFQTLs is more then enough for rate of fire, though you could use other configs and types of TL to match around. Rate of fire is important. To slow and your enemy can close on you with smaller faster ships. To fast and you'll end up wasting your stock and leave yourself in trouble for later when you might need them.

The same problem comes up for out torpedo stock. Carry to few and you'll find yourself on a long deployment without warheads. Carry to many and we'll be wasting space that could/should be used for other things. Carrying anything under 1200 QTs is just not worth taking them if you're going to load out with a dozen TLs. You're just going to run out as soon as you go into the fight.

I myself am switching my vote to 20% volume for the TLs.
12% on 3 RFQTLs
8% on 1600 QTLs

I think the rest should be used for the PT rep and also increasing our supply cash for longer deployment. I don't think we would want our ship to be stuck having to run home every few months for supplies and QTs.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The rest?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah, we have 27% left over. 20% to the TLs and stock. The other 7% for a PT rep and supplies for longer deployments. If you ever want more QT stock you can always just carry less on supplies. It leaves that wiggle room that people have been talking about.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

We can use the remaining 7% for non-torpedo stuff. Fuel storage springs to mind, or internal subdivision, or additional redundant systems, or simply free space, to allow a bit of slack for future refits.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Seems good enough. I would still like to take a PT rep just for good luck.