Apocalypse Rising nit

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
dbutler1986
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Apocalypse Rising nit

Post by dbutler1986 »

" In Homefront/Paradise Lost, Odo could instnatly tell that Admiral Leyton was a changeling. Here he takes a whole episode to work out that Martok is also a changeling."

Yes...but in Paradise Lost, Odo was a changeling; in Apocalypse rising, he was a solid ;) (Also, "instantly" has been typoed there.)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apocalypse Rising nit

Post by IanKennedy »

It's best to send these thing via the email author link on the website. That way the get noticed.
email, ergo spam
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Well, the changeling impersonating Martok had been doing so for months, and was probably more concerned with maintaining his cover then the changeling impersonating Admiral Leyton.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

So Founders can "sense" when overs are around? That seems odd.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps it's more that Founders, when taking another form, have slight, almost unoticable, imperfections that could mark them out to another Founder?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Maybe but the above situation points at a natural ability. If it was just noticing something the family and friends would notice before Odo.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Good point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't think it's too far-fetched, considering the nature of the Great Link.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Nothing is far fetched for the Changeling race in general, after they somehow evolved to be immune to the laws of physics (ie the mass quandry). Some sort of 6th or 7th sense (changelings after all) isn't to hard to swallow.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Could be some type of low level telephatihi ability. It could also be how the Jem'Hadr know that sopmeone is a Founder like that one did with Odo, there was really no evidence in the episode as to how he recognized him...
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus