Forum Redirects?

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Forum Redirects?

Post by Mikey »

IanKennedy wrote:
Mikey wrote:As a business, Microsoft is phenomenal. Here we all are...
Don't count me in that crew, I'm using a Mac. You know, that thing that had an full windowing interface when microsoft still thought DOS was great. Plus this website is designed and run on a Mac and hosted on a Unix machine.
I beg your pardon - I do recall that you use a Mac. However, the point still stands that no matter how much we all b*tch about Microsoft, the vast majority of us still pay them.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

My new machine could run Vista, but XP professional runs lightning fast on it. I'd prefer a bit more than my 2 GB RAM to run Vista optimally.

Now, we'll see how this new "WIndows 7" project has turned out by the time I'm in the market for a new machine.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:My new machine could run Vista, but XP professional runs lightning fast on it. I'd prefer a bit more than my 2 GB RAM to run Vista optimally.

Now, we'll see how this new "WIndows 7" project has turned out by the time I'm in the market for a new machine.
Vista uses more memory and CPU time that any previous version of Windows. I can't see that anything based upon it would be any faster.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Not that I've come across, the only real annoyance is the "I know you want to delete/run this file but can you confirm for the third time" issue. I think by the time I got it most of the kinks had been worked out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqZ8AqmLPY
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

:lol: No matter how many times I see that, I still laugh.