oh man

Deep Space Nine
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

But they were Starfleet officers! How can you be an officer in a military organization that you're not part of?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A US marine quits the Army and joins a Terroirist group does that make it part of the Military?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Teaos wrote:A US marine quits the Army and joins a Terroirist group does that make it part of the Military?
Um... the US marines are seperate from the US army.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Replace army with Military then its not really important.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Teaos wrote:Replace army with Military then its not really important.
Well we get the point. Anyway a better analogy would be a terrorist joining the military.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That analogy does not answer to the situation we're discussing. The members of Section 31 wer ACTIVE, CURRENT Starfleet officers - and yes, their offices were directly connected with their positions in Section 31.

If your Starfleet office is a function of Section 31, the Section 31 MUST be a Starfleet organization.

If you work for espionage agency X, and you're position there requires and allows you to be a lieutenant (for example) of nation Y, then agency X MUST be an agency of nation Y. There's simply no way around it.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Maosns aren't a Government organisation yet lots of high ranking official are in it. Past and present members.

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Okay, lets say a CIA agent joined the Russian military, maybe even becomes the head of the russian military. Does that mean the CIA is part of the Russian military? That's what you're saying except they're in their own government's military.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The Maosns aren't a Government organisation yet lots of high ranking official are in it. Past and present members.
But their positions in politics or whatever are not due to their positions in the Masons, and vice verse. (All conspiracy theories aside... :wink: )
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

(All conspiracy theories aside... )
So says you :lol:

Some members of Section 31 are members of Starfleet with out a doubt. They were most likely recruited like was shown in DS9.

From then they either left starfleet proper or did a double job.

Starfleet turns a blind eye to them since they are doing it for the good of the Federation even if its not moral. But they dont support them in any direct way either.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Section 31 is part of not just part of starfleet but its part ot the federation as a whole. It came about as the first Anti-intel group from the founding and has been around since then. It works outside of starfleet and cannot be removed or supported in anyway. They are goasts, they do not exist once they join. Think of them as "fifth freedom" types. Their lives end once they join.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Some members of Section 31 are members of Starfleet with out a doubt. They were most likely recruited like was shown in DS9.

From then they either left starfleet proper or did a double job.
But it goes beyond that - those people are maintaining and fulfilling their commission BY working in Section 31; in the same way that a captain might fulfil his commission by commanding a starship.
as Bull offed Custer