New forum

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: New forum

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:
Rochey wrote:What's the keyboard like? Put it this way: I canùt understand half the symbols on this thing, and they have the keys all ju,bled up.
and hairy armpits.
:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Something I've noticed...
When I edit a post, it does not always say that I have edited the post (the line that says "edited one time in total...").
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Come to think of it, I've noticed that too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

It depends on whether a post has been made after it or not. PMs always have it, though.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ah, I see. Makes sense.
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Oh. That's cool.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, so that's why that happens.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Well even I had not noticed why that was happening. Well spotted CPH.
email, ergo spam
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

So, have we determined why there is a discrepancy between the "Posts : 67,478" on the main site and the "Total posts 66455" on the board index?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

stitch626 wrote:So, have we determined why there is a discrepancy between the "Posts : 67,478" on the main site and the "Total posts 66455" on the board index?
It comes from the different ways they are counted. One day I'll find the energy to look a the way the board counts them and do the same on the main site. However, as I'm going to America on Tuesday morning until Friday morning, I'll probably be killed and will never get to do it :)
email, ergo spam
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, enjoy the trip while you can. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IanKennedy wrote:
stitch626 wrote:So, have we determined why there is a discrepancy between the "Posts : 67,478" on the main site and the "Total posts 66455" on the board index?
It comes from the different ways they are counted. One day I'll find the energy to look a the way the board counts them and do the same on the main site. However, as I'm going to America on Tuesday morning until Friday morning, I'll probably be killed and will never get to do it :)
It depends--where in the Americas are you going? And are you involved in a drug ring? Most of the killings around here are drug-related.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I'm only joking about being killed. I'm off to Durham, North Carolina for a meeting at Duke Uni. This is where I'm staying:

http://www.washingtondukeinn.com/
email, ergo spam
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IanKennedy wrote:I'm only joking about being killed. I'm off to Durham, North Carolina for a meeting at Duke Uni. This is where I'm staying:

http://www.washingtondukeinn.com/
I wasn't joking about my area ;-). I think you'll be fine @ Duke. :-D
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Actually, it's a very pleasant area. With any luck, you'll find a little bit of free time to enjoy it.
as Bull offed Custer