Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Should we use the weapons and tech like lasers etc or phase cannons etc?

Lasers, Spatial atomic torpedoes, Superconductive armour
53%
Phase cannons, Photonic torpedoes and Polarized hull plating
47%

Total votes: 15
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Laser stats or The ENT Stats

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Scrap it? Who are you two? I have my opinion, which I've made clear - but if these minor issues bug you two that much, then get out... there are other people involved who may not want to scrap it.
I've already stated my intention to go with the poll results.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Mikey wrote:Scrap it? Who are you two? I have my opinion, which I've made clear - but if these minor issues bug you two that much, then get out... there are other people involved who may not want to scrap it.
I've already stated my intention to go with the poll results.
Thank you. Poor Reliant must be a wreck by now.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I would like to point out that no one has yet sufficiently explained why we're even haveing this poll. What effect is having a different name for the ship's weapons going to have on gameplay?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I would like to point out that no one has yet sufficiently explained why we're even haveing this poll.
Because people obviously dont want to have the NX as the way it was portrayed in canon.

And since Reliant is being nice and letting the members of this RPG decide whats happening and its majority rule it looks like people are wanting the non canon version.

People don't like the way ENT shat all over canon and see this as a way to fix it and have fun doing it.

I'm not joining in now since I'm going to be busy keeping the Daystrom in line now we're about to start the fleet battle but will probably make a character once things settle down. And I agree with changing things.

In my opinion using lasers and nukes would add a really cool twist to the story and add a flavor to the RP that the Daystrom and Starbolt dont have.

I have always tried to portray the Daystrom a serious RP which is mission based and canon true.

From what I've read Blackstar has the Starbolt as a character driven RP.

This has the oppertunity to mix both in a really nice way and have the kind of space cowboy thing going on.

If it kept the to advaned transporter and weapons 200 years to powerful it would be just like anything else.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I now Im late, butt heres my thoughts:
This iss an ENT era roleplay. Not a pre-ENT era roleplay. In ENT era they had phase cannons, etc, and not nukes and lasers. If this iss an ENT era RPG, then I say we stick with ENT erra weapons, however craptaculaarr hey may be.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Holy hopping snot. Can I change my vote to "I don't give a **** anymore about what we call the damned weapons, and I can't believe we're still talking about this?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:Holy hopping snot. Can I change my vote to "I don't give a **** anymore about what we call the damned weapons, and I can't believe we're still talking about this?"
Seconded.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I would like to point out that no one has yet sufficiently explained why we're even haveing this poll. What effect is having a different name for the ship's weapons going to have on gameplay?
Its kind of funny with the margin of error since people who we don't know voted we're actually in a tie.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Then i will revoke the vote and make a decision on it later. Standby for an update. TBH i cant be fucked with all this diplomacy crap anymore. Your getting what i say whether you like it or not!

Thanks to Teaos for inspiration :P

Bah fuck it we'll go with the new stats.