Any of you on the other side of the pond get this?

sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Any of you on the other side of the pond get this?

Post by sunnyside »

I feel like I got maybe 1/3rd of the jokes in here. Though it was a bit hard to hear

http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie. ... 673&id=720
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Re: Any of you on the other side of the pond get this?

Post by colmquinn »

I think thats from a Scot sketch show called "Naked video", It did take me a few tries to understand what was being said ( mine didn't stream properly) but what I heard was mildly humerous though I'm sure most of the slang referances were lost on anyone non celtic/ not with the alcoholic gene in them ( insert steryotype here). :happydevil:

ps why is celtic showing up as spelling error (and I don't mean the football team) :evil:
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

The majority of the jokes are just based on the stereotypical violent/drinking/swearing/blunt Scotsman.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

I caught the engineer saying he was hungry. The rest was nonsense gibberish, I expect their "enhancing" their accents. As I usually have no problem understanding people from various corners of the UK.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I could get most of it but I'm used to european accents.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I caught the engineer saying he was hungry. The rest was nonsense gibberish, I expect their "enhancing" their accents. As I usually have no problem understanding people from various corners of the UK.
Oh I understood it all, just wasn't that funny, a couple of chuckles here and there.
From various corners of the UK... I bet you wouldn't understand my broad Yorkshire :wink:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Thorin wrote: Oh I understood it all, just wasn't that funny, a couple of chuckles here and there.
From various corners of the UK... I bet you wouldn't understand my broad Yorkshire :wink:
If I can understand Ozzy, I shouldn't have any problem. He's virtually unintelligable to most people.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Ozzy? You can't even count him as coming from a corner of the UK. Doesn't he come from Birmingham? If you heard what his accent should be like you'd have a right laugh. Brummies :lol:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Thorin wrote:Ozzy? You can't even count him as coming from a corner of the UK. Doesn't he come from Birmingham? If you heard what his accent should be like you'd have a right laugh. Brummies :lol:
It's not so much his accent as being borderline retarded and illiterate thanks to heroin.