For those in the UK

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

For those in the UK

Post by MetalHead »

Right. This is quite possibly the most ridiculous idea, but I think it would turn out to be hilarious

the DITL.org night out!!!!!!

And no, I don't mean we all dress up in costumes and get our heads kicked in by chavs at the nearest train station. I think it'd be funny to get everyone together for a laugh and a pint or twelve. Not that I want to start planning right away, but what would anyone else think about it? As from what I can tell from these forums we'd all get on well as we're all civil...be the GEEKIEST night out in history, but maybe worth a go?

Opinions.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well I'm an American, so my opinion doesn't really count much towards this, but I'd totally do that if I had the chance!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

yeah, if there are bottles of Magners...then i'll be there, like batman to a bat beacon, plus 99% of you lot, are highly meet-able :D
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ian and I are agreeable to this, depending on how the practicalities work out.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Ian and I are agreeable to this, depending on how the practicalities work out.

and thats where it all goes down the shatter. We need a general idea of how far spread anyone (interested) is, and find some sort of middle ground.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Okay... Ian and I have our locations in our profiles here, so it's no secret. He's in Oxford, I am in Banbury. I'd be willing to travel up to a couple of hours either way... Say London one way, Birmingham the other.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I may be in London over the Christmas season visiting a couple of friends. If so, pints on me to any DITL'ers to come out.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Bryan Moore wrote:I may be in London over the Christmas season visiting a couple of friends. If so, pints on me to any DITL'ers to come out.
LOL

Pints on you in London when you're on the US $? Mate. None of us are that cruel. We wouldn't make you go broke like that :-)

Gent for offering though.

Booze and Strippers!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Yeah, I figured with the conversion rate I'd be broke quickly, but it'd be worth it. The idea of being able to sit at a bar and talk Trek. That doesn't happen here.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

There's a place in Manchester I've been too called 'fab cafe'

you go in. its the most chilled out place in the world. There are models of spaceships (including the originlal 1701!) hanging from the roof. There are oldschool arcade games. Awesome place.

Booze and Strippers!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

ah nutty fudgekins! I can only do teesside and northumbria for the moment. nvm have a magners on my behalf