DW 30x07: The Unicorn And The Wasp

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

DW 30x07: The Unicorn And The Wasp

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in 40 minutes. The premise sounds rather reminiscent of Black Orchid.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Bit Naff.

And the Doctor is awfully judgemental with Donna at the end.

Granted he usually offers his enemies a chance to withdraw (which usual gets a lot of people killed), before dispatching them.
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Ehh, it was allright. Nice to see that they actually set it at Silent Pool instead of tweaking history for drama's sake, which they seem to be doing a lot recently. Though i suppose that i've got to suspend my disbeleif for something like Dr Who xD

The next one is looking goood, though. Shame that Eurovision takes priority... Dont wanna have to wait two weeks >.<
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Meh. It was alright, not great, not awful. Catherine Tate did seem to be reverting to irritating type though. :x Probably the best single moment was the reference to "The Unquiet Dead", which says a lot about the episode.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh.

That pretty much sums up my reaction to the ep.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

The only good thing about it was it wasn't in modern day London, like most of the rest of them are.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I'm sure they'll be back in present-day London for the series finale. Again. :roll: :evil:
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Definitely with you guys. Strictly "meh".
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Jabber Swarky »

colmquinn wrote:The only good thing about it was it wasn't in modern day London, like most of the rest of them are.
The origional series plan was to have one set in the past, one in the future, and then one in modern day, in that order every series. So, therefore, every third episode sucked because the modern day ones are boring and inevitabley involve the assistant going back to their families with even more grating personalities than THEY have and said families A) dissaproving of the doctor and b) getting into peril while remaining oblivious of aliens and whatnot.

Guess they ditched that plan and went for more modern day ones. Erf.
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."