Favorite episodes - TOS

The Original Series
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I suppose it would. They're still humanoid, so they'd still have the same pressure points and vulnerabilities.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Cool 8) That's funny, but what about the body armour? Would that prevent the neck pinch from working?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, if the body armour covered the neck, then it would stop the pinch.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

stitch626 wrote:Cool 8) That's funny, but what about the body armour? Would that prevent the neck pinch from working?
What body armour? You mean the body glove and various metal bits, that's not body armour by any stretch of the imagination.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Your probably right about that. I just assumed metal=armour. :oops:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

BoT was the first episode of Trek I ever saw. Good start for my fandom, there.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I liked Amok Time. Apparently Vulcan males need sex once every 7 years or they will go nuts and die. It was also great to see how these Vulcans who are so proud of being logical and rational are still slaves to their hormones. The real kicker is that the Vulcan still engage in barbaric rites to mate should there be another suitor for the chosen female. Basically, Vulcan males will fight to the death over a female. Illogical.

My favorite episode is Balance of Terror. Another favorite is Arena. The Gorn looked interesting. They are predators.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'd have to go for none. Arean was kinda sunny due to craptastic Gorn but but thats about it.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos - was there any 'Trek that you did like? :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Hey I like Voyager and DS9. And parts of TNG.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Balance of Terror is one of my favorites. About Amok Time, I've always wondered if Vulcans ONLY mate during the Pon Farr or whether they can mate at any time but are drawn to Vulcan every seven years to "marry."

Also, what about the Pon Farrs of the proto-Romulans once they left Vulcan? How did they deal with those? We have never heard of anything like a Pon Farr in Romulans, so there was apparently some pretty big change along the line.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I always assumed that Ponn Farr was sort of a release of the "animalistic" and "emotional" motivations that Surak-following Vulcans normally repressed, so it wouldn't be common with other "Vulcanoid" species like the Romulans or Mintakans.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah since Romulans are more in touch with their emotions they dont lose control.

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Sex for Pleasure is illogical, and can lead to lust. If Vulcans are desperate to control their emotions, they need to cut out sex and only use sex for procreation. Having fun just seems so... Romulan.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What I want to know is whether having sex merely once a year would actualy keep the species's numbers going up.