New Frontier

Trek Books, Games and General chat
RedDwarfian
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

New Frontier

Post by RedDwarfian »

Has anyone read the Star Trek New Frontier series by Peter David? I personally thoroughly enjoy the wide array of characters, Calhoun's just a fantastic character, perfect for the Captain's chair, and I love the fact that so many Enterprise-D guest-stars and minor characters get full character bios in this.

I've only read the first 6 novels, I can never seem to find the 7th and others in the library.

What does everyone think about this series?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Great series, better than Voyager and Enterprise by a long shot, and shows a decent range of species on a Fed ship rather than the usual bunch of humans with a token alien or two. Good humour throughout, even when things are going pear-shaped. The extensive use of old guest characters from TNG is a good way to link the series with past Trek. Best bit is a Captain in Kirk's mold, and a pull-no-punches approach to dealing with troublemakers.
Mackenzie Calhoun wrote:If I have a bow and arrow, Commander, I don't shoot a padded shaft to my target's left. I fire a steel-tipped arrow into his leg. That's my idea of a warning shot.
:D
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.