Who is the best TV or movie Bad guy or girl?

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who is the best TV or movie Bad guy or girl?

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ever find yourself admiring the Bad Guy or Girl because they are smarter than the hero, more dedicated, more hard working, better looking, or just because they are so damn cool?

Which TV or movie bad guy does it for you?

For me it's Colonel Nathan Jessop from "A Few Good Men". He's a liar and a coward, but he's damn cool with it.

"You can't handle the truth!"
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I like the guy off Inside man. Pulling off a Bank robbery with out hurting anyone to get back at a ex Nazi. Good/Bad guy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

FarScape's Scorpius! The calm and deliberate atmosphere he carries about him... He always seems prepared for whatever course the hero of the show takes.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Darth Vader. I know it's cliche, but comon!! He's VADER; the most badass mofo evar!!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The Master, as played by Roger Delgado - a brilliant foil for Pertwee's Third Doctor.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Since I now have a young sub unit, I watch a lot of Disney. I actually love Maleficent from the original Sleeping Beauty. If you haven't seen it (or it's been awhile) I'd recommend it (fastforward the parts she's not in and you're looking at about 30 minutes or so).

Shan Yu from Mulan is good as well...

Non Disney:

Original Terminator, Borg Queen. I'm sure I'll stumble onto a few others at 3am, but there's my 'top of mind' list.
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

After reading the Khan trilogy, Khan is high on the list. Wonderful books, the two "Rise and Fall" and "To Reign in Hell"
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Bryan Moore wrote:After reading the Khan trilogy, Khan is high on the list. Wonderful books, the two "Rise and Fall" and "To Reign in Hell"
Risa and Fall kind of makes you feel sorry for him. Especially the first one.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Varthikes wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:After reading the Khan trilogy, Khan is high on the list. Wonderful books, the two "Rise and Fall" and "To Reign in Hell"
Risa and Fall kind of makes you feel sorry for him. Especially the first one.
Very much so, and his wrath and desire for vengance almost seems justified. Moreover, it makes what he does all that more impressive!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

if books are allowed, Thrawn.

If not, Lecter
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

Emperor Palpatine (mainly the Return of the Jedi version). He's so over-the-top, cacklingly evil! :lol:

Not to mention Dukat, Weyoun, Female Changeling (yeah, I'm a DS9 fan), Chang (ST VI), Thrawn, etc.
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

If it is not just in the sci-fi genre, Hannibal Lecter!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Darth Vader.
Khan.
The Master.

Theres a few others, but I can't think of any right now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Thrawn and Vader both rocked. Isard just didn't cut it I thought. That red / blue eye thing just didn't compare.

But I personally like Chairface Chipindale from The Tick. I mean seriously, he was carving his name into the moon at The City. How cool is that?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i forgot about Grand Admiral Thrawn... he is a pretty badass mofo too. He was such a freaking insane military genius. Pellaeon was always so confused :lol: