STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Season 5 Official Thread (Spoilers welcome)

Discovery
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Season 5 Official Thread (Spoilers welcome)

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:56 am
Nutso wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:11 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:28 am

Did anyone catch why the Breen looks like jelly and Lak doesn't? Though their general appearance isn't what I though they would look like, but I can't really think of what I think they should look like. Kinda generic though.
https://trekmovie.com/2024/04/28/interv ... nterprise/
I don’t remember where in the process we landed on “gelatinous” but when we hit the art team with that they came back to us with deep sea fish like the Barreleye Fish with a see-through head. We got really excited about that. So we started talking about what is this species? Why do they wear the suits? So, the thing we landed on is they have this soft gelatinous form and also a hardened form. Our thinking was that the Breen came up on a very harsh planet with a harsh environment. So they developed a way to protect themselves which was hardening their outer shell into basically a skin, but that takes an immense amount of concentration and energy, making them slower, more sluggish, less intelligent, basically. Over time, they compensated for that by creating the refrigeration suits. Then culturally, it became anathema for them to display that solid face, especially to outsiders, because it was essentially a sign of weakness.
OK. Then why wasn't this explained. It would be a ten second at best statement. Also apparently the hard form isn't that much durable then a human.
I wonder if the explanation is yet to come?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Season 5 Official Thread (Spoilers welcome)

Post by T'Pau »

On the whole, season 5 felt rushed without guardrails, and the series finale was no different. Underwhelming send off..oh well
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."