Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by T'Pau »

Mean Girls 2024: not terrible, some funny retooling of the original, decent singing from many, a few good musical numbers..still the vibe from the original.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Finally watching Halo season 1. Good thing I have never played Halo so whatever criticism about the first season is going over my head. However, that Asian girl with the most fucked up looking mullet I have seen is annoying me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Watched Glass, the sequel to Unbreakable and Split. Pretty decent film overall, like all three of them.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Dune Part 2: great cinematography, good CGI, too many liberties with source material, horrible casting choices....but it made a ton of cash so they will keep recycling the actors into more 'book adaptations' as long as the cash cow mooooooos
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:57 pm Dune Part 2: great cinematography, good CGI, too many liberties with source material, horrible casting choices....but it made a ton of cash so they will keep recycling the actors into more 'book adaptations' as long as the cash cow mooooooos
Bad casting?

Anyway my brother is finally going to see it with his wife for their movie date night. Advantage of having a kid old enough to babysit the younger kids now.

Curious on how he liked it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"