Robert Beltran Turned Down ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Role Picking Up On Seven/Chakotay Romance

Star Trek : Picard
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Robert Beltran Turned Down ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Role Picking Up On Seven/Chakotay Romance

Post by Nutso »

https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/09/exclus ... y-romance/

https://twitter.com/robertbeltran74/sta ... 86624?s=20
"I was offered an episode (first 2 then1) in Picard but I simply did not like what they had written for Chakotay so I turned them down. I won't go into detail but I have no animosity toward the Picard producers at all. ST Prodigy offers a Chakotay that I AM enthusiastic about."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Robert Beltran Turned Down ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Role Picking Up On Seven/Chakotay Romance

Post by IanKennedy »

I was never overly convinced of that pairing. It seemed wrong, but I couldn't tell you why.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Robert Beltran Turned Down ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Role Picking Up On Seven/Chakotay Romance

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I agree, just never really felt right.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It seemed to come out of nowhere. After years of Chakotay and Janeway edging closer, suddenly this happened.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Yes, it was just kind of forced and sudden, with not a single hint at all prior to it.

Certainly Chakotay and Janeway seemed to have far more chemistry between them. I'm glad that Beltran turned down the offer to "continue" the romance with Seven on Picard.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
SlipperyStream47
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

I was somewhat disappointed that Chakotay's and Janeway's relationship didn't really go anywhere.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”