‘Star Trek: Discovery’ to End With Season 5

Discovery
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ to End With Season 5

Post by Nutso »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235339464/
The Paramount+ sci-fi drama will embark on its final voyage with its upcoming fifth season.

Sources say principal filming of the season is mostly complete. But with this move to end the show, there will be additional filming to help craft a conclusion for the series. The fifth and final season will premiere in early 2024.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ to End With Season 5

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, I saw that. All I can say is it's only 5 seasons too late.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I shan't miss it. I got through the first three seasons, eventually, but was never much invested in it. Strange New Worlds and Picard I am enjoying, though I know this is Picards final season too. I'll likely watch the last two seasons of Discovery as I have access to Paramount+. But in my own time, won't be rushing to it, as I have better things to watch at present.

Discovery was never particularly good.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

...8...9...10...and the winner is ...Star Trek Strange New Worlds...by first season knock-out!!!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:47 pm https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235339464/
The Paramount+ sci-fi drama will embark on its final voyage with its upcoming fifth season.

Sources say principal filming of the season is mostly complete. But with this move to end the show, there will be additional filming to help craft a conclusion for the series. The fifth and final season will premiere in early 2024.
So it got cancelled. And Picard ends this season.

Here is to hoping they make a longer Star Trek Strange New Worlds season using the money from those two other shows.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"