Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I watched this movie called 'Flatland', from 2007. It's... it's about A. Square, a two-dimensional being who encounters A. Sphere, from the third dimension!
It's... surreal, but also so deep. Pun intended. :P
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Passengers. Not bad. I do wonder how much two humans would consume in their typical lifespans and how that would relate to the food storage that was on the ship.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:57 am Passengers. Not bad. I do wonder how much two humans would consume in their typical lifespans and how that would relate to the food storage that was on the ship.
Apparently the average Human consumes about 1,500 pounds or 680 kilograms per year. Of course depends on various factors for each individual.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Ah Passengers, I rather liked it. A lot of people think he is very creepy stalkerish and has effectively murdered her.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:18 pm Ah Passengers, I rather liked it. A lot of people think he is very creepy stalkerish and has effectively murdered her.
I can see that.

There is a line though that drowning people will drag you down with them in the movie.

They are looking at if from her perspective and not his. Soany people like to think they can deal with an entire lifetime of no human contact. They are full of shit.

Maybe it would have looked better if he waited three years instead of a year.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Menu: a wonderful take on the 'super chef' and the 1% who frequent their extravagant restaurants, under the veil of a suspense thriller.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, somewhat oddball, amusing and nasty all at the same time.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Puss in Boots The Last Wish: I usually quite enjoy Dreamworks animation, but this one strayed away from the norm and chose a style more akin to Spiderman Spiderverse nonsense...not a fan but figure they are going for a particular demographic with the change. As the film indicates more from the "Shrek-verse", I hope they return to their former style.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Alien Resident.

Half way done in the second season. I find it funny as hell. It's my kind of humor.

Don't like the girl though. She is a brat.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever...a nice tribute to the deceased actor, a film so heavily cgi'd that some of the action was rushed and jerky. Could have benefited from liberal editing.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Your Place or Mine: a rom-com ... not much story to it... every trope and stereotype of the genre... mindless popcorn flick... needed MORE Tig Notaro and her sharp wit!
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Yesterday watched "2001 Maniacs" and "2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams" (I watch horrors / comedy horrors with my Aunt on a Thursday when I stay at hers).

The first was not too bad, as comedy horrors go, but the second was just really stupid and boring.

Also, recently watched the original "The Hills Have Eyes" with her, which was also a decent film, and "The Hills Have Eyes II" which was decent, but I think the first was better (IIRC).
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Yesterday was Thursday night at my Aunt's again (same most weeks). This time we watched:

A Good Marriage - Based on a Stephen King novella. Pretty good.
Unhinged - A psycho goes after a woman, her friends, and her family after an incident on the road. Good film.
Orphan: First Kill - Not as good as the original Orphan film, but still decent enough.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Puss in Boots. The first one. Not bad. Average IMO. Watched it with my brother's kids.

The Lego Batman movie. I liked this one. A nice blend of Batman lore mixed with the Lego jokes.

Black Panther 2. I liked this one. I did understand why they had to reinvent Namor. Namor was just basically another Aquaman with some differences.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Titanic. 25th anniversary re-release in 3D, as good as ever.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Pretty decent overall and introduces the new big bad Kang.
email, ergo spam