What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by T'Pau »

Thanks...watched 'Violent Night' and found some holiday spirit...enough to make the planned lasagna...and that's a good start!
Super deep freeze temps here..single digit highs and negative digit lows (with wind chill)..so grilling is out for a few days...lol
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Merry Christmas DITL!
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Merry xmas everyone.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Merry Christmas, all!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It means the things at the end of delegs!
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Happy Holidays Everyone!!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Merry Christmas folks!
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Just spent the last 3 hours in A&E (emergency room for you US folks) after my bathroom attacked me.

I was peacefully laying the in bath when the glass shower screen decided to fall off the wall smash the sink and fling glass into the bath. Pop marking my leg, creating a 1cm cut on my second toe and filling the bath with glass. I then had to figure a way of getting out of the bath without standing on the vast quantities of glass I was now sharing a bath with. Irene to the rescue, who brushed it down and covered it with towels. I managed to get out without further damage. Gently bandaged bleeding foot and went for a 3 hour wait. I had 4 x-rays and was stuck back together with superglue.

Oh, the joys of bathing. I'm beginning to think Worf was right.

That and the fact I had another x-ray about 2 weeks ago, were I discovered I've got arthritic changes to my left knee, which has been painful off and on for the last 4 or so years since I fell off my bike in the snow.

I'm not sure the wisdom that comes with age is worth the pain.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IanKennedy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:23 pm Just spent the last 3 hours in A&E (emergency room for you US folks) after my bathroom attacked me.

I was peacefully laying the in bath when the glass shower screen decided to fall off the wall smash the sing and fling glass into the bath. Pop marking my leg, creating a 1cm cut on my second tow and filling the bath with glass. I then had to figure a way of getting out of the bath without standing on the vast quantities of glass I was now sharing a bath with. Irene to the rescue, who brushed it down and covered it with towels. I managed to get out without further damage. Gently bandaged bleeding foot and went for a 3 hour wait. I had 4 x-rays and was stuck back together with superglue.

That and the fact I had another x-ray about 2 weeks ago, were I discovered I've got arthritic changes to my left knee, which has been painful off and on for the last 4 or so years since I fell off my bike in the snow.

Holy shit I'm glad you're alive, at least! Good going helping out, Irene!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:23 pm Just spent the last 3 hours in A&E (emergency room for you US folks) after my bathroom attacked me.

I was peacefully laying the in bath when the glass shower screen decided to fall off the wall smash the sink and fling glass into the bath. Pop marking my leg, creating a 1cm cut on my second toe and filling the bath with glass. I then had to figure a way of getting out of the bath without standing on the vast quantities of glass I was now sharing a bath with. Irene to the rescue, who brushed it down and covered it with towels. I managed to get out without further damage. Gently bandaged bleeding foot and went for a 3 hour wait. I had 4 x-rays and was stuck back together with superglue.

Sorry for all the hardships you went through, Ian. But glad you're still here considering what you went through.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I keep hearing horror stories from people about their glass screen doors in their bathroom trying to kill them.

Hell it happened a few weeks ago to a friend of mine.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

makes me glad all we've got is a simple curtain. Much less chance of lacerations.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

One of my friends was in their bathroom a year or so ago just using the mirror, and the glass around the shower spontaneously exploded. Only a few minor cuts but they said it sounded like a bomb.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I hope 2023 goes better for you all. Cheers!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Indeed, I'm still recovering as my toe is glued together. A new form of stitching using superglue to hold things together while they heel themselves.

The other bad news I've had medically recently is that I have the starts of osteoarthritis in the left knee. It has been a problem for about 6 months now, off and on. Recently it's gotten somewhat worse. I had a really bad day a week ago where I could hardly walk. I'm now waiting on a knee brace to start exercising again.
email, ergo spam