What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:43 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:42 pm I'll be quite incoherent.
No change there then :happydevil: But seriously, enjoy the world with light around you when you work. It must be really difficult to worth through the night. The entertainment world is rigged against you, also the advent of PVRs must have made that so much easier. It must take discipline to not stay up all day.
lol, very funny. :P But yeah, it was a bit difficult in spots. Working through the night was wearing, too. It wasn't the worst shift I've ever worked-that was probably 11 AM to 8 PM-but not the best.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Your circadian rhythm should reset in a couple weeks ..good luck!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Well, today was my first day back. I am... tired and a bit off in the head. But I got through it!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Congrats! Day one survived!!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Well done, I'm sure it will get better...
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I enjoyed working nights when I did it, but that was in my early 20s. Not sure I could do it now.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Well, day three is over. One thing I noticed I like... I'm actually over halfway done with my work week. If I was still on nights, I'd only be two shifts through my work week. So score a point for days, there! :D
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:46 am I enjoyed working nights when I did it, but that was in my early 20s. Not sure I could do it now.
The last time I worked nights was when I was in the Navy. We used to call it Stay Check. You had Day Check and Stay Check. Nights was where everything was done for the morning. So you worked from anywhere starting 3pm to 12am to 6 am when Days came back in.

The only advantage over Days was that on the rare occasion where everything was done and nothing broke you could leave as early as 6pm. Navy worked on salary of course.

A good day was leaving before 1am. In fact you tried to do that so you could go to the Ready Room. A hole in the wall bar with cheap beer and free pool.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Week one on days is over. I'm better than I was Wednesday, at least. And it's nice leaving work and not having to go to bed immediately.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have not had a TV license of watched TV for many years, though I watch the occasional show on Netflix. However, given my current circumstances and the fact that Sky is now available via SkyStream (so no dish needed, just Wifi), I have just signed up the other day to Sky Stream. With my package I get 150+ Sky Channels, all the terrestrial stuff, Netflix, Paramount+ (yay all the Star Trek), and Peacock. Peacock currently has the reboot Battlestar Galactica, which I have never seen, so I will get to that as well as Strange New Worlds and Discovery post Netflix departure.

I'm finally getting somewhere with Mental Health support, but will take a while longer to actually be assigned to a case worker. I have been given details for the National Autistic Society and some other stuff to contact.

I have been struggling a fair bit with my mental health (well, it's been a 30+ year battle), but being a Forum Moderator (elsewhere) has really given me a sense of belonging and purpose, and I have been expanding further my created universe which I have been doing since I was 8 (32 years) and am in the process of a major reboot of that. That is the one reason I still exist, and I work on it every day.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:20 pm I have not had a TV license of watched TV for many years, though I watch the occasional show on Netflix. However, given my current circumstances and the fact that Sky is now available via SkyStream (so no dish needed, just Wifi), I have just signed up the other day to Sky Stream. With my package I get 150+ Sky Channels, all the terrestrial stuff, Netflix, Paramount+ (yay all the Star Trek), and Peacock. Peacock currently has the reboot Battlestar Galactica, which I have never seen, so I will get to that as well as Strange New Worlds and Discovery post Netflix departure.

I'm finally getting somewhere with Mental Health support, but will take a while longer to actually be assigned to a case worker. I have been given details for the National Autistic Society and some other stuff to contact.

I have been struggling a fair bit with my mental health (well, it's been a 30+ year battle), but being a Forum Moderator (elsewhere) has really given me a sense of belonging and purpose, and I have been expanding further my created universe which I have been doing since I was 8 (32 years) and am in the process of a major reboot of that. That is the one reason I still exist, and I work on it every day.
It reads like things are improving for you. If so, I'm glad. :) Sky Stream sounds like one hell of a good bargain. :D
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:24 pm It reads like things are improving for you. If so, I'm glad. :) Sky Stream sounds like one hell of a good bargain. :D
Certainly a considerable improvement since terminating my relationship and moving back to my home town. I have additional support here from my father and aunt, and it has allowed me to establish a proper relationship with both before it became too late. Thank you :)

And yeah, I was chatting to the Sky Stream guy for about an hour, and got a few extra discounts knocked on :) I was super happy to hear I could get Paramount+, as it has all the Star Trek series, plus all ten films pre Abrams (so, the better films).
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Glad to hear things are improving. Hopefully things will stay good for a nice long time.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Holidays are coming up fast and all the cooking and baking that I usually enjoy doing, is feeling daunting. With the lack of 'winter' aka snow, my inner clock hasn't clicked over to the holiday-mode quite yet. It will be bitter cold, so that might provide the push I need into the kitchen with some joy and excitement.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I hope things work out well for you, T'Pau.

We had rain here, then it stopped, then temps dropped fast. There was some freezing, although the roads overall weren't bad when I went to work this morning.