Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by IanKennedy »

I saw Black Phone back when it was out. It was pretty decent. Very slight twist at the end.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:44 am I saw Black Phone back when it was out. It was pretty decent. Very slight twist at the end.
I was just surprised that
the kid survived. The movie looked to be one of those movies where the protagonist dies.
Another movie based on the same premise of the rash of kidnapped kids in the 1980's is "Summer of '84." It's another well done Netflix movie.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Recently I saw:

See How They Run (2022)
A sort of riff on The Mousetrap. Mildly amusing sort of comedy whodunnit, rather than a rawkus romp, which suits the movie. Lots of little nods to Agatha Christie's other plots. A pretty decent cast. I really quite liked it. If we are to believe the story the movie was made possible by the West End run of the play ending due to the pandemic. They play, if you don't know, has been running in London since 1952 with over 27,500 performances as of 2018. It only stopped because of the pandemic and as since restarted.

Don't Worry Darling
Personally, not worth the money to go see it. A modernisation of concepts we've seen before with nothing really new to add. Gemma Chan's part seemed to have been edited out almost completely, making the three small appearances she still has left seem fairly odd with no rime or reason for her actions.

Smile
A fairly standard horror movie. Not bad if you like that sort of thing.

Ticket To Paradise
A fairly disjointed Rom Com with Julia Roberts and George Clooney as a divorced couple who set out to ruin their daughters wedding. Spectacular scenery but the story doesn't really flow very well. It's more a series of set pieces that are badly bolted together.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Bullet Train: great cast, loads of fun action, interesting plot with twists and turns to keep it interesting..Brad Pitt is hilarious!!!
Last edited by T'Pau on Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I tried watching "The Munsters (2022)." It's not for me. I never saw the original TV series, so I don't have the nostalgia going for me on this.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:09 am I tried watching "The Munsters (2022)." It's not for me. I never saw the original TV series, so I don't have the nostalgia going for me on this.
Yeah I have no interest in it either. Just have anything in it that would make me want to watch it. Even if was good. Just not my thing.

Fijally going through the John Wick movies. Just watched the first two.

I like the bit of lore that comes with the movies. Though I think it is ridiculous in how many are part of that super secret society where they could literally take over a whole park to show that Wick is screwed (end of second movie).

Also the first movie was brutal with that puppy scene. That red streak was way too brutal for me. Yes I am one of those who doesn't care about the humans and in some cases the kids too, but I do care about the dog or cat surviving. Especially kittens or puppies.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:22 pm Bullit Train: great cast, loads of fun action, interesting plot with twists and turns to keep it interesting..Brad Pitt is hilarious!!!
Yes, that is good, in a very odd sort of way. Especially Thomas the tank engine.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:48 am Fijally going through the John Wick movies. Just watched the first two.

I like the bit of lore that comes with the movies. Though I think it is ridiculous in how many are part of that super secret society where they could literally take over a whole park to show that Wick is screwed (end of second movie).

Also the first movie was brutal with that puppy scene. That red streak was way too brutal for me. Yes I am one of those who doesn't care about the humans and in some cases the kids too, but I do care about the dog or cat surviving. Especially kittens or puppies.
Wick movies are good. You do kinda think how are they going to make a third, and yet they do... number 4 is in the pipeline also.

To be kind they only take over an area around the fountain, not the whole of central park. To be honest we see more people in the hotel than in the park. The whole hotel is part of this organisation.

The third movie expands on the lore even more. They're all pretty good.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

As for the Munsters, I always thought of them as a second rate version of The Adams Family.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:02 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:48 am Fijally going through the John Wick movies. Just watched the first two.

Wick movies are good. You do kinda think how are they going to make a third, and yet they do... number 4 is in the pipeline also.

To be kind they only take over an area around the fountain, not the whole of central park. To be honest we see more people in the hotel than in the park. The whole hotel is part of this organisation.

The third movie expands on the lore even more. They're all pretty good.
Fair enough. Probably going to hold on Number 3 until maybe Wednesday. I don't have alot of time when I get home. Enough time to watch one movie or catch up on the TV shows like Rings or HotD.

Probably next on the list is The Arrival and Quiet Place.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mrs Harris Goes To Paris
A delightful post war british movie. I cleaning lady from England goes to Paris to purchase a Dior dress. I really like this movie, utterly charming from start to finish.

Amsterdam
Very odd post world war one detective / political thriller / oddball movie.

The Lost King
The "true" story of the discovery of King Richard III and how he was found buried in under a car park in Leicester.
email, ergo spam
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Original G.I. Joe movie:
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Aquarium of the Dead: exactly as terrible as you can imagine it being..another one from the Asylum studio of knock-offs.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Watched John Wick 3. Good movie.

Though Wick's injuries are really stretching the possibilities of him to even function let alone do anything. How much time has there been between thd end of the first movie and the third really?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Almost none at all.
email, ergo spam