What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:50 pm Well, I get home from work Monday morning feeling lousy. I take the test and... yup. I got Covid-19. How effin' lovely.
Damn man. Considering you work at a Walmart and it took this long for you to catch Covid-19, you've done an incredible job of protecting yourself.
Well, I work overnight and my main job means I avoid a lot of people. I'm also vaccinated and got a booster shot. The sad thing is I was gonna get my next shot the Monday I found out. What perfect fucking timing, eh? :bangwall: :bangwall:
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:50 pm Well, I get home from work Monday morning feeling lousy. I take the test and... yup. I got Covid-19. How effin' lovely.
Bugger... Although not literally :)

Sorry to here that. My wife cause it recently and although it wasn't horrible it was a PITA. A week of flu like symptoms and another still testing positive, hopefully you will do better.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:28 pm
Nutso wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 pm
Damn man. Considering you work at a Walmart and it took this long for you to catch Covid-19, you've done an incredible job of protecting yourself.
Well, I work overnight and my main job means I avoid a lot of people. I'm also vaccinated and got a booster shot. The sad thing is I was gonna get my next shot the Monday I found out. What perfect fucking timing, eh? :bangwall: :bangwall:
Yeah. It sucks. Hope for the best. Hopefully your Walmart let's you do the 10 days of isolation.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

So far work's been accommodating me, so yay there. And sorry about your wife, Ian. I hope she's doing better.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

She's completely fine now. Back to normal. Thanks.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:04 pm She's completely fine now. Back to normal. Thanks.
Brother had it about a month ago. His wife locked him in the basement. Just kidding. He only slept down there because between him smoking two packs a day and Covid, he had a bad cough that annoyed her.

Also we got to keep away anyone who has Covid away from my mother. Kidney transplant and all. Her immune system is compromised.

Unfortunately I think we are going to have Covid seasons like Flu seasons. Each year a new strain.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Very likely, but each year they will have a jab, just like they do for Flu.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yup. As i said I was going and getting my booster shot and flue shot the day I came down with it.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Getting a new car tomorrow. Monday was the last straw for my old reliable Nissan. 15 years I have had her and had since she was 2 miles old. Right out of the factory.

Past year she truly started to nickle and dime me. Mostly stuff I can fix myself but Monday was when she started to stall. Now a car stalling can be anything, but I am leaning on the ECM.

I was hoping to hang onto her longer since I am driving 1000 miles a week. Really do not want to put 50k miles on a brand new vechile. But with the used car prices the way they are, might as well just buy a new car.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:23 am Getting a new car tomorrow. Monday was the last straw for my old reliable Nissan. 15 years I have had her and had since she was 2 miles old. Right out of the factory.

Past year she truly started to nickle and dime me. Mostly stuff I can fix myself but Monday was when she started to stall. Now a car stalling can be anything, but I am leaning on the ECM.

I was hoping to hang onto her longer since I am driving 1000 miles a week. Really do not want to put 50k miles on a brand new vechile. But with the used car prices the way they are, might as well just buy a new car.
Enjoy the new car, McAvoy.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:23 am Getting a new car tomorrow. Monday was the last straw for my old reliable Nissan. 15 years I have had her and had since she was 2 miles old. Right out of the factory.

15 years is a damned fine run for a car. My first car lasted about that long. Good luck on getting a new one.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Wow, 15 years on a car is pretty good. I've never managed to go that long.

1000 miles a week is pretty impressive too. Would it be cheaper to move closer to work?

I know what you mean will car prices though. The second hand ones are almost as much as the new ones.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I haven’t had a car in almost 12 years.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:27 am Wow, 15 years on a car is pretty good. I've never managed to go that long.

1000 miles a week is pretty impressive too. Would it be cheaper to move closer to work?

I know what you mean will car prices though. The second hand ones are almost as much as the new ones.
Yeah I got a used 2018 Honda Civic. Brought the price down to $22,600. That much for a four year old car and 39k miles on it. Whereas a base model 2022 Honda Civic costs $25,045. Ridiculous really. Though in the case of my new car it is a much nicer trim.

Hell my brother's 2015 Honda Accord is still worth $20k.

I have been looking to replace the car for the past year and let's say my car was in better shape. That 15 year old car is worth $6k. Though my car is worth the price of scrap. Unless I take the time to pull the engine and transmission.

I am planning on moving closer. Just not going to happen for another six or more months. So I have to drive a 1000 miles a week.

Side effect of driving that much is I actually burned YouTube into my screen of my phone. Oh well.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Had a day out for my birthday with my best friend, I don't get out much due to mental health. Had a really good day, until this evening in London when I got pickpocketed on the tube. Wallet, cards, ID, everything gone. Thankfully I cancelled all cards via the apps as soon as I noticed and reported them stolen.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."