The Gorn

Star Trek : Strange New Worlds
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The Gorn

Post by Monroe »

Online there is a big split if Kirk was the first to discover the Gorn or if he just had a passing knowledge of them.

What are your guys' thoughts? They apparently are being built up to be SNW reoccurring baddies with next week focusing on them.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: The Gorn

Post by Nutso »

I don't know how to feel. I always thought Kirk was the first to encounter the Gorn. I'd hate my continuity to be messed up without explanation.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

That question has been answered in this weeks episode...however no visuals!!! Exciting storyline and action, but when you say Gorn, show me a big lizardy dude in a leopard one shoulder loincloth..lol
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

There is a theory that the Gorn shown is a sub-species or a caste then the one we saw in TOS.

I know they are doing it for a big bad for the series and do not want to use Romulans or the Klingons. Which speaking of which with thd Romulans looks like they will keep the 'big reveal' in Balance of Terror intact.

I am hoping that we will see a grown Gorn that at least resembles the one from TOS. Not liking the ripoff from Alien though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"