Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 3 | Official Trailer

Post by McAvoy »

I know some people don't like the show due to the large amount of fan service. I actually love it. I am looking forward to season 3.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:48 am I know some people don't like the show due to the large amount of fan service. I actually love it. I am looking forward to season 3.
Same. It's not fan service if it's being used properly. They brought back the Pakleds and made them dangerous without changing their trademark dumbness.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:55 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:48 am I know some people don't like the show due to the large amount of fan service. I actually love it. I am looking forward to season 3.
Same. It's not fan service if it's being used properly. They brought back the Pakleds and made them dangerous without changing their trademark dumbness.
Yeah.

I am talking more about the Steve Shives (YouTube type) who didn't like it when Armis (living oil dude that killed Yar) was used as a joke. For me at this point that's nitpicking.

One thing I actually really do like from the show that no one really thinks about is the concept of second contact. It's a really interesting idea.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:16 am
Yeah.

I am talking more about the Steve Shives (YouTube type) who didn't like it when Armis (living oil dude that killed Yar) was used as a joke. For me at this point that's nitpicking.

One thing I actually really do like from the show that no one really thinks about is the concept of second contact. It's a really interesting idea.
Strict continuity in a comedy show?
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:52 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:16 am

Yeah.

Strict continuity in a comedy show?
More of open handed fan service. That was his issue. I have heard that complaint from some besides him too.

It's a comedy cartoon designed largely for the Trek fan.