Star Trek: Picard | Season 2 Trailer (Spoilers)

Star Trek : Picard
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Picard | Season 2 Trailer (Spoilers)

Post by McAvoy »

The one thing that bugged me the most was the total absence of Picard's older brother. Got a whole episode in TNG with him. Generations mentioned him and his family. I don't remember offhand exactly how that fire killed them, but the vineyard in Picard doesn't really show damage either.

The bigger two issues is the Borg and Q. Going with the Borg, we are told that the Borg will always be defeated. The Borg Queen is alone. And that one human who got assimilated was able to change her mind.

Or butterfly effect of any of the Picard's people in the 2024 time.

Q dying I assume is because of John Delancie aging out of the part and the writers not bothering to attempt that someone as powerful as Q could just alter his appareance. We just know it was it was Delancie though that we like.

Or complete deleting of Times Arrow. Basically we are at that point that nuTrek will not use prior Trek if it's not convenient for them.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

For me, the whole of series 2 came about because – and this isn't too much of a reach – all the writers were sitting around sharing ideas and someone mentioned both TNG Tapestry and TNG Family. It snowballed from there, and a few execs decreed that the writers must also include a sickly amount of fan-service (hey, that's the unfortunate era we're in) and everyone agreed that past canon shouldn't get in the way of the story arc too much.

I've said elsewhere that I'd watch Patrick Stewart in anything, and on the whole ST:P was worth a watch, but like all the modern ST(ST:D, ST:P, ST:LDs...whatever has been released in the past few years) I just can't see it becoming classic ST. You know what I mean by classic ST? Being able to watch seven seasons over and over because it was just that good. I can't ever see myself being bothered to watch ST:D onwards a second time.

I hope I live long enough to see another golden era of TV and film that has its own ideas.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
petertalon
Crewman
Crewman

Post by petertalon »

I think this is a poor series especially season 2. They have decided to redeem one of the greatest villains ever created. Now the borg are just misunderstood or lonely and we can now talk to the queen and get to understand all the billions of lives they have enslaved or forgive those killed. But just as a plot line these are writers trying to reform them. And Picard of all persons will help with this process