Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by IanKennedy »

I used to agree, but I think Craig has done a stellar job. For me he has pretty much edged ahead over Connery.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yesterday I saw:

Operation Mincemeat
A WWII story about the deception of Germany into thinking the Allies were going to invade Greece rather than Sicily. The infamous body with fake documents story that is nowadays quite well known. From the makers of The Kings Speech. Although not as good as that it's worth a watch.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
Nicolas Cage plays a version (or two) of himself, in an odd movie that turns into a spy "thriller"... Certainly played for laughs, a lot of which are directed at itself. Unusual, but likely worth a watch if you like Cage. Pedro Pascal is pretty good as the uber-rich "bad guy" who invites Cage to his birthday party.

I spent quite some time trying to figure out if Cage's wife was played by Aisling Bea. It turns out that she is played by Sharon Horgan, who once played Aisling Bea's sister in a TV series. They're not related.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I saw "The Batman" last night and absolutely hated it. Hated the story, hated the background music, it was abysmal.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I saw "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness", yesterday. Once in 3D and again in 2D. It was pretty good. I thought better than the Spiderman movie.

I also saw "Downton Abbey: a New Era", which was pretty decent. Even if I haven't seen any previous episodes.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Bad Guys: animated 'Ocean's 11'-ish story...not good, not bad, some funny moments, mostly ok with popcorn on a lazy afternoon during a rainstorm.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Agreed...
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Lost City: a loose remake of Romancing the Stone...lots of comedy moments tossed aside if you aren't listen carefully..Brad Pitt is hilarious!!!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The Northman: think Conan with Vikings...only terrible. No amount of popcorn could make this stinker worth the 2+hrs!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Everything Altogether All At Once: think Crouching Tger Hidden Matrix/DrStrangeMultiverse...crazy strange weird ..longish but even though you know what the pay off will be, still good, in the weirdest of ways!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Marvels Assembled: several documentaries about their movies and tv projects: watched the Moon Knight, Hawkeye, and Loki ones...really fun to see how they came together with actors, directors, etc..lots of fun facts along the way...enjoyed them all. Thinking they appear after the series or film finishes airing, usually on "the house of mouse plus"..stumbled on them after an article in the paper mentioning the MK one.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Both "Hive" and "The Fly" (1958).

I didn't realise "The Fly" with Goldblum was a remake, someone on a Facebook group mentioned the earlier 1958 film, so I thought I'd give it a watch. And "Hive" was about some sort of any uprising on an island. I have tried to watch that twice now. I could not get through either film to the end.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Morbius: Sony/Marvel owes me 105 minutes for that schlock of a film...so many levels of awful!!
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Choose or Die! A pretty decent film I guess, not really my sort of thing though.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:50 pm The Lost City: a loose remake of Romancing the Stone...lots of comedy moments tossed aside if you aren't listen carefully..Brad Pitt is hilarious!!!
Agreed I kinda liked it. Did you see the post credits scene? That's kinda weird.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:49 pm The Northman: think Conan with Vikings...only terrible. No amount of popcorn could make this stinker worth the 2+hrs!
Oh god, this was bad. I was tricked into seeing it by it having Nicole Kidman as the mother. Really bad movie.
email, ergo spam