Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Complete Backstory & Breakdown - Riker's Ship on Star Trek Picard

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I can't even give enough of a damn to watch a video about the USS CopyAndPaste.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:50 am I can't even give enough of a damn to watch a video about the USS CopyAndPaste.
Sounds like you did watch the video.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nutso wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:03 am
AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:50 am I can't even give enough of a damn to watch a video about the USS CopyAndPaste.
I saw the thumbnail and heard enough about how STP was crap with its crappy ending so... no, I didn't. the fact that you think it sounds like I did from, presumably, my saying 'copyandpaste'.... yeah.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:09 pm
Nutso wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:03 am
I saw the thumbnail and heard enough about how STP was crap with its crappy ending so... no, I didn't. the fact that you think it sounds like I did from, presumably, my saying 'copyandpaste'.... yeah.
So how do you know this ship is a copy and paste or not?

And why do people need to comment on something saying 'I don't care' anyway? You want a cookie? You want us call you amazing and brave for such a bold statement? Should we throw a parade for you? Should we bow down to your genius and have this deleted and Nutso flogged for his obvious inconvenience of you? Should all DITL posts go through you now to make sure you care or not about it?

Should I follow your example and every time someone posts about Doctor Who I should post 'I don't care' too?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

wtf ?

dude you okay? just getting the sense that you got triggered a bit and are really annoyed about something, and your post gives off a real angry tone there. When I've posted about 'I dont care' before its in an attempt to care, to try and get some enthusiasm etc, sometimes to reply to something someone said, get a point across, etc. Junkyard's videos arent the end-all-be-all source of information for ships, I got the copy-and-paste thing from elsewhere (ex-astris-scientia) hence my reply from seeing Nutso say 'sounds like I watched the video' when the only thing that implies I might have is 'copyandpaste'. I've watched some mixed reviews that all agreed on the bad season ending due to the use of one ship. ended the post on '... yeah' because I just lost steam.

as for need? well. No one needs to have spent a few minutes to a few hours per day on star trek or other science fiction forums for the last two decades, but people like to be heard, even if it is just to say 'IDC'. A Bold statement it is not. intended to be a bold statement, it wasn't. Just. There. said. spoken. silence is not kept, an opinion is shared. agreed with or not, doesn't matter. It's not like we're debating who would win, McCoy, Crusher, Bashir or the EMH, because in that regard, any opinion shared is fightin words.

As for the parade... not about saying 'I don't care'. I wouldn't mind one for some of the work I've done building shit in the real world as part of a job that ruined me financially and gave me depression bad enough I'm on medication for it ontop of the mental issues I had from being the lone star trek fan in my school growing up, and star trek (among others) had always been an escape from real world pressures and so I do feel like I'd LIKE to be heard when I say that I dont care for the new stuff for x y or z reasons, and unfortunately there really isn't anything new being made to fill the void that star trek used to fill.

On Doctor Who... Go ahead. we can not-care about that Together.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:08 am wtf ?

dude you okay? just getting the sense that you got triggered a bit and are really annoyed about something, and your post gives off a real angry tone there. When I've posted about 'I dont care' before its in an attempt to care, to try and get some enthusiasm etc, sometimes to reply to something someone said, get a point across, etc. Junkyard's videos arent the end-all-be-all source of information for ships, I got the copy-and-paste thing from elsewhere (ex-astris-scientia) hence my reply from seeing Nutso say 'sounds like I watched the video' when the only thing that implies I might have is 'copyandpaste'. I've watched some mixed reviews that all agreed on the bad season ending due to the use of one ship. ended the post on '... yeah' because I just lost steam.

as for need? well. No one needs to have spent a few minutes to a few hours per day on star trek or other science fiction forums for the last two decades, but people like to be heard, even if it is just to say 'IDC'. A Bold statement it is not. intended to be a bold statement, it wasn't. Just. There. said. spoken. silence is not kept, an opinion is shared. agreed with or not, doesn't matter. It's not like we're debating who would win, McCoy, Crusher, Bashir or the EMH, because in that regard, any opinion shared is fightin words.

As for the parade... not about saying 'I don't care'. I wouldn't mind one for some of the work I've done building shit in the real world as part of a job that ruined me financially and gave me depression bad enough I'm on medication for it ontop of the mental issues I had from being the lone star trek fan in my school growing up, and star trek (among others) had always been an escape from real world pressures and so I do feel like I'd LIKE to be heard when I say that I dont care for the new stuff for x y or z reasons, and unfortunately there really isn't anything new being made to fill the void that star trek used to fill.

On Doctor Who... Go ahead. we can not-care about that Together.
Well guess what? The best example of 'I don't care' is not to post about you not caring. That's it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"