WandaVision | Official Trailer | Disney+

Everything else
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

WandaVision | Official Trailer | Disney+

Post by Nutso »

Welcome to WandaVision. Coming soon to Disney+. Marvel Studios' captivating new series "WandaVision" stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, and marks the first series from Marvel Studios streaming exclusively on Disney+. The series is a blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision—two super-powered beings living idealized suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.
‘WandaVision’ Trailer Racks Up Massive Traffic In 24 Hours Post-Emmys
EXCLUSIVE: Audiences didn’t watch the Primetime Emmys on Sunday, which sank to a new low of 6.1M viewers, but there was something that kept their eyes glued in the 24 hours following the awards show: the trailer for Disney+/Marvel’s WandaVision.

We hear that the trailer in the 24 hours following its Emmy broadcast netted a massive 53M views online. That is believed to be the highest 24-hour draw online ever for a streaming service’s series ad spot.

“That’s in a league with Avengers and Fast & Furious franchises following a Super Bowl drop in a day,” entertainment social media monitor RelishMix tells Deadline tonight.

WandaVision had over 302,6k social mentions, which is also at feature tent-pole level volume pre-COVID. The trailer did start trending on Twitter immediately following its airing on Sunday night rising to #4 and hitting #2 on the YouTube trending videos. Disney+ dropped the full length piece following the :60 spot on the Emmys.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: WandaVision | Official Trailer | Disney+

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

So anyone watch this?

I binged watched it over the weekend. It started off slow and for me the whole sitcom part of it I didn't like. The sitcom part of became less important later on, but those first two were a bit of a struggle for me.

It's an excellent sequel to Endgame.

I would say more but needs Spoiler tags.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Meh. Just... Meh. It starts to fall apart logically as time goes on.
So.
I'm kinda done with the MCU now.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:32 am Meh. Just... Meh. It starts to fall apart logically as time goes on.
So.
I'm kinda done with the MCU now.
How did it fall apart?

Seems logical to me.
She has a mental break. She recreates sitcoms from what she remembered from when she was happy, before her parents death. She recreates Vision who can't remember what happened before his own death and cannot leave. She can control the village folk subconsciously. Her brother was recreation of another witch who cannot do what she can do. She creates her children and not take over someone else's children. It also explains her nature since in the movies she never demonstrated what her comic book counterpart could do. It also ties in with comic book stories too.

I haven't had time to fully process it all, but it seemed to be logical to me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

So how was it Agatha all along?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:48 am So how was it Agatha all along?
There was a whole montage about it and the following episode she explained what she was doing.

But if you need clarification, Agatha had nothing to do with Wanda's break from reality. She had nothing to do with the abduction of the townsfolk, creation of Vision, or her children. She was responsible for Quicksilver from the X Men First Class group of actors playing her MCU version of her brother.

She is the one that pretty much got Wanda to embrace herself, figure out what she really is. And come to terms with it and not only that, but also her actions during her mental break. Not to mention the series finale when Agatha tried to end the Scarlet Witch powers Wanda possesses.

So what's your confusion?
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Well, that's now how that episode presents things. Literally, the song is "It was Agatha all along" meaning , the hex, wanda and vision being in... _view, and the weird little tv reality thing. Like is it Agatha controlling the "what the people outside the hex see in the transmission" or was it Wanda, who seemed to have no clue there even was a trasmission, and the show seemed to forget too nearer to the end, since it goes unmentioned.
by episode I do mean the part that will stick in the viewers mind after a single watch (me) ... THE GODDAMN SONG.

Keep in mind, it was written by someone who had never read a single comic book before they worked on the show, all the fan theories like with Mephisto are just... the show's writer was all "who's this my-fist-o the fandom menace are talking about?" ... there's a reason there's been a strong backlash when that came out after the finale was released.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:53 am Well, that's now how that episode presents things. Literally, the song is "It was Agatha all along" meaning , the hex, wanda and vision being in... _view, and the weird little tv reality thing. Like is it Agatha controlling the "what the people outside the hex see in the transmission" or was it Wanda, who seemed to have no clue there even was a trasmission, and the show seemed to forget too nearer to the end, since it goes unmentioned.
by episode I do mean the part that will stick in the viewers mind after a single watch (me) ... THE GODDAMN SONG.

Keep in mind, it was written by someone who had never read a single comic book before they worked on the show, all the fan theories like with Mephisto are just... the show's writer was all "who's this my-fist-o the fandom menace are talking about?" ... there's a reason there's been a strong backlash when that came out after the finale was released.
It was just a song. Also people need to stop acting like fan theories they created in their head before a movie or episode airs is the actual truth and anything that strays away from that truth is not the real truth. They are just fan theories.

It's pretty damn clear cut it was Wanda that created it all because she had a mental break. They even freaking show her mental break when she visited the house that would have been built for her and Vision. Something Vision practically said in Infinity War.

Agatha was there to figure out what was going on and what was Wanda. She just pushed a few things here and there.