Kathryn Janeway to return in 'Star Trek: Prodigy'

Voyager
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Kathryn Janeway to return in 'Star Trek: Prodigy'

Post by Nutso »

https://www.startrek.com/news/kate-mulg ... k-universe
Nickelodeon and CBS Studios today announced that Kate Mulgrew (Star Trek: Voyager) will reprise her role as Captain Kathryn Janeway in Nickelodeon’s all-new animated series Star Trek: Prodigy. The news was revealed today as a surprise announcement during the Star Trek Universe virtual panel at New York Comic Con. Additional casting news will be announced in the coming months.

Kate Mulgrew stated, “I have invested every scintilla of my being in Captain Janeway, and I can’t wait to endow her with nuance that I never did before in Star Trek: Prodigy. How thrilling to be able to introduce to these young minds an idea that has elevated the world for decades. To be at the helm again is going to be deeply gratifying in a new way for me.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Kathryn Janeway to return in 'Star Trek: Prodigy'

Post by Nutso »

So, did I put up a bad title, or y'all have no interest in this?
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I live in the UK, why would I have any interest in a property they can't seem to get a distributor/broadcaster for? (as a result of the reception to Dis-*gets attacked by rabid ex-fans for daring to not call it STD* AAH S-OW ST-OWW OKAY-STD! STD!!... And to STP.... *pauses looking at the rabid ex-fans* what, no attack?)

I have no interest in... *glances over* STD's season 3, nor STP's season 2... don't want to watch Lower Decks (as someone who has probably been more like that white male character than any of the others, it HURTS seeing all the shit that goes on in the show via the clips I've seen on youtube on channels like Doomcock's Overlord channel.) K-*glances* Kuntzman-Drek *sees approving smiles* is basically thjat product nobody wanted. Not like this.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 am I live in the UK, why would I have any interest in a property they can't seem to get a distributor/broadcaster for? (as a result of the reception to Dis-*gets attacked by rabid ex-fans for daring to not call it STD* AAH S-OW ST-OWW OKAY-STD! STD!!... And to STP.... *pauses looking at the rabid ex-fans* what, no attack?)

I have no interest in... *glances over* STD's season 3, nor STP's season 2... don't want to watch Lower Decks (as someone who has probably been more like that white male character than any of the others, it HURTS seeing all the shit that goes on in the show via the clips I've seen on youtube on channels like Doomcock's Overlord channel.) K-*glances* Kuntzman-Drek *sees approving smiles* is basically thjat product nobody wanted. Not like this.
Damn. So access to the show(s) is the main problem, followed by the quality of the show(s).
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

No, the access problems followed the quality. why else was Picard sent to Amazon not Netflix? followed by Amazon not picking up Lower Drecks?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I just discovered this. I'm excited. I know over the years we've made fun of Janeway but I've warmed up on her as I've seen other shows' terrible attempts at a strong female leader. Janeway is one of the best written strong female leaders I've ever seen in a TV show. Yes, she does a lot of dumb mistakes, but that's part of her charm.

Here's the announcement video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZsYTd ... kAnimation
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Kate Mulgrew Talks Progress On ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’; Says It’s “Very Sophisticated” [UPDATED]
Details about Nickelodeon’s Star Trek: Prodigy are sparse, but the big reveal from last year is that it will star Kate Mulgrew reprising her Star Trek: Voyager role of Kathryn Janeway. Now Mulgrew has given an update on her work on the show.
Mulgrew talks Prodigy

On Saturday, Kate Mulgrew and other members of the Star Trek: Voyager cast were part of a GalaxyCon Live event. After the free Q&A, each participated in some brief one-on-one chats. Fan @jemabean1 posted her Mulgrew chat on Twitter, which ended with the actress giving a brief update on her work for Star Trek: Prodigy:

jemabean1: We’re so excited about Prodigy

Mulgrew: And now you can enjoy it. I think you will enjoy it. I certainly enjoyed doing it, and I think we’re going into the next season very soon.

UPDATE: More from Mulgrew

Reader Josh Metcalf has highlighted his one-on-one chat with Mulgrew, where she goes into a bit more detail on Prodigy, saying…

Matcalf: I’m looking forward to hearing your voice more on Prodigy.

Mulgrew: I’m really enjoying recording that cartoon. It’s very sophisticated. It’s feature-film quality. The Hageman brothers [co-creators] are geniuses. And [executive producer] Alex Kurtzman is a great, great leader. A visionary. I think it’s time for the little ones to come into the fold.
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Alex Kurtzman is a great, great leader. A visionary.
Well, that destroys any interest I had.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:03 pm
Alex Kurtzman is a great, great leader. A visionary.
Well, that destroys any interest I had.
:lol:
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How much do you think she got paid to say that? God Forbid she actually meant it!