Post by bladela »

"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Trek VII Alternate Ending 1: Galaxy-Class Firepower

Post by McAvoy »

That is pretty much how it should have went down. Though the editing here is pretty bad.

I still think it should have been a Vorcha class ship there. Easy to swap out models and still have to raising the cloak thing but more believable for Trek fans.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:22 pm That is pretty much how it should have went down. Though the editing here is pretty bad.

I still think it should have been a Vorcha class ship there. Easy to swap out models and still have to raising the cloak thing but more believable for Trek fans.
Took the words right outta my mouth. It was a bad ending to the Enterprise-D and there were SO many ways to improve it.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

7 years of TNG dealing with the Borg, Cardassians, Q, strange phenomenon and its destroyed by a old obsolete Bird of Prey that would have issues with Kirk's Enterprise.

It was just bad. I wonder how much they really saved by using the Bird of Prey but stock film as well. How much would it have cost to fix up the Vorcha model for the big screen.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Should have had a pair of additional Klingon ships that were in cloak the entire time, and they attack the Enterprise.

The key is that their Captains owe the Duras sisters a favor, so destroying the Duras sisters' vessel clears the favor, and the Klingon ships stand down.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:37 am Should have had a pair of additional Klingon ships that were in cloak the entire time, and they attack the Enterprise.

The key is that their Captains owe the Duras sisters a favor, so destroying the Duras sisters' vessel clears the favor, and the Klingon ships stand down.
Possibly. Though how much would it cost to film two additional ships and additional crew (at least the captains would have to be hired). You have to remember that Trek films aside from the first movie had limited budgets even for their time. They had to get creative.

It's one of the reasons why Generations we saw two different uniforms (the DS9 ones were on loan) and you could sometimes tell they didn't fit the actor that right. Look at Geordi's uniform, he is swimming in that because he is wearing O'Brian's uniform and he is a four or five inches taller.

Same reason they used stock footage from Star Trek VI.

A slight increase in budget would allow the Vorcha to be used instead. Same scenes on the bridge. Duras wouldn't be confident attacking the Enterprise even with a Vorcha either.