Lucasfilm Has Started Work on Disney+'s WILLOW Sequel Series

Everything else
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Lucasfilm Has Started Work on Disney+'s WILLOW Sequel Series

Post by Nutso »

https://geektyrant.com/news/lucasfilm-h ... uel-series
There’s been a lot of talk about Lucasfilm developing a sequel series to Ron Howard’s classic fantasy film Willow for Disney+. Well, it looks like the series is actually moving forward! Writer Jon Kasdan (Solo) recently shared a photo on Twitter revealing that the writer's room has officially been set up for the project!
https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/12 ... 26881?s=20
That hat pinned up on the corkboard features the character Willow, and it says Willow, so it’s obviously what the project is. I’m extremely excited about this! I’m a huge fan of the original film ,and I’ve always wanted to see the story of Willow continue. Now, all these years later it looks like it’s actually going to happen!

Howard previously talked about the concept of developing a Willow sequel series saying, “I think it’d be a great way to go. In fact, George always talked about the possibility of a Willow series, and it’d be great and more intimate, and built around that character and some of the others. And Jon Kasdan has, I think, an inspired take on it and it could be really, really cool.”
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Lucasfilm Has Started Work on Disney+'s WILLOW Sequel Se

Post by Nutso »

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/warwick-d ... wer-horses
"It's a kind of a weird bit of news," Davis told SYFY WIRE in an interview with the Fandom Files podcast. "The internet has done its thing in kind of perpetuating that and kind of generating the excitement around it, which is good. There is development going on, but there's no kind of greenlit, here we go guys, this is happening. At this point, nothing's official, nothing's greenlit, nothing's a go. But we all have fingers firmly crossed and we're doing our best to make this happen for the fans because they've been there the whole time since 1988 when it came out."

It's that fan power that has brought the idea of continuing a one-off movie released 32 years ago this close to reality in the first place.

"What's lovely about Willow is that there's so much love for the film, so much excitement about the possibility of there being more Willow, and there has been for years and years and years," he says. "So now, when there's a little bit of work being done to actually develop this and make this something that will be a reality, the internet has got ahead of itself a little bit and the excitement of the fandom has got ahead of where we are."
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Never did see Willow
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Loved it when it first came out. I think I went to see it because Val Kilmer was in it.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

T'Pau wrote:Loved it when it first came out. I think I went to see it because Val Kilmer was in it.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It's honestly a very underrated movie. I just rewatched it the other day and enjoyed it immensely.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I loved that film, saw it a few times.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Lucasfilm Has Started Work on Disney+'s WILLOW Sequel Series

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

awww. I loved willow when I was younger. So what are the odd's they'll ruin the seq?
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

The Brownies were the fun part. Like a Greek chorus that took part in the movie:

Rool:: We'll never catch up with those horses!
Franjean:: Then we will have to track them.
Rool:: That would take forever. Besides, even if we find them, they'll catch us, stick us in cages, torture us and finally devour us!
Franjean:: Are you suggesting we go home?
Rool:: Nah. This is more fun!
Franjean:: All right, fine then. Come on!
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Did the baby say “willow” at the end? It always sounds muffled.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”