Discovery books

Discovery
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Discovery books

Post by IanKennedy »

Discovery books are starting to appear on Amazon.
email, ergo spam
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Discovery books

Post by Bryan Moore »

Oh dear.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

How much are they offering to pay the recipients to take them off their hands? :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:How much are they offering to pay the recipients to take them off their hands? :P
Be nice - there's every chance that the books will be eminently superior to the show.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Mikey wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:How much are they offering to pay the recipients to take them off their hands? :P
Be nice - there's every chance that the books will be eminently superior to the show.
The nice thing is, David Mack will do enough to attempt to finagle the Discovery continuity in with the post-Enterprise / pre-TOS universe. The authors (with the exception of that asshole Vornholdt), for the most part, have been exceptionally conscientious about putting together good continuity really since the end of Deep Space Nine nearly 20 years ago. I still cringe a bit that we're already seeing novels, but at least those authors care.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
DonP
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by DonP »

On another positive note (yes, I'm looking for all the positives I can when it comes to this series), at least in a novel, we can imagine things look even slightly the way they should.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Oddly enough.... when I used the amazon discovery book link above, that book is not shipping to the US.

Even more oddly, the reasons for not shipping it aren’t among the listed items and identifiers for shipping restrictions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custom ... =201910600

The only thing I can find is this:

Books, Music, DVD & Video
Most countries in the world

Please note that customers in the US and Canada may be restricted to one copy of certain book titles.
PC & Video Games, Toys & Games and Software

Which doesn’t make sense really? If I’ve never purchased one, why would it be restricted for shipping?

Not that I wanted to indulge in discovery books but I’ve enjoyed so many Star Trek novels over the years. Stories can be extremely well written by comparison to their on screen counter parts.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”