Why Aren't the Bajorans Super Advanced?

Deep Space Nine
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Why Aren't the Bajorans Super Advanced?

Post by McAvoy »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:41 am Maybe they had some severe planetary cataclysms. Example: the ancient city of Baalhala was buried under 20,000 years of sediment which was over 200 meters thick(?!). That’s quite of bit of soil coverage over a massive city (I say it was massive due to another look at the picture Sisko was admiring of the spire - the city behind it was huge and Sisko said the cities were built around the spires so really huge city buried under that much dirt and rock + forgotten by the indigenous people?), might've been the result of extreme/prolonged seismic activity which killed off millions and put their technology back to a pre-warp civilization. Reasoning: see the light ships they were flying around in 200-300 years before the cardasians took over.
Definitely possible. Something horrible where they had to start over again. Maybe their best engineers or scientists were killed too causing them to rediscover everything again.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I can see that (loss of scientists, engineers, advanced knowledge). As Picard stated in the episode with Ensign Ro, they were artists, architects, philosophers 20,000 years ago.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:54 am I can see that (loss of scientists, engineers, advanced knowledge). As Picard stated in the episode with Ensign Ro, they were artists, architects, philosophers 20,000 years ago.
And I just realized that I was already staying the original computer and why this article was stating in the first place :wave:

I’m currently watching the “Explorers” episode and forgetting the issue/mystery of why bajorans aren’t super advanced... this episode makes my brain hurt... like bad. Warp speed with “main power offline” I.e. no inertial dampening.. no grav plating.. why jake and Ben weren’t a Ben-jake splatter on the back of the ships interior... why tachyons travel at fast enough warp speeds to go from the Denoris belt to cardasian space in 20-30 minutes maybe? Unknown but given oxygen, food, restroom amenities.. it wasn’t days so how far is cardasian space from say DS9. A few light years? ( I know it’s not... see why my brain hurts).
So back to bajorans and ancient tech...
Where did ancient Bajorans use the restroom on the ships like this? Pulled into the celestial temple to use their infinity toilet... petted that cat that exists in both dead and alive states... then headed back out.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”