"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: How General Chang Lost His Eye - Star Trek VI

Post by McAvoy »

Lost his eye to a space cat...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

not seen this yet, but i presume its "Oh yeah, secretly, he's just wearing an eyepatch to look badass, he didn't actually loose an eye"...

That or "After the Sound of Music, he --" hold on, wrong film.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Lost his eye to a space cat...
That's not a cat, it's a flergawhatsit!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Pfft... space cats indeed!

I say it’s more similar to, “How Stella got her groove back”.

His eye patch was iconic, in Klingon history, only two jump out at me. Gen. Chang and Gen. Martok.
Last edited by 00111010 01000100 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

General Martok didn't have a patch. He let everyone know what his bad eye looks like.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

McAvoy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 pm General Martok didn't have a patch. He let everyone know what his bad eye looks like.
I should’ve clarified my original post by saying, only two Klingons with an missing eye come to mind.
Also, question.
In the later DS9 episodes, his eye isn’t under a patch, it’s completely healed over/gone. Unless you’re saying he could lift the skin flap.... and I just threw up in my mouth. Image

**is this ok? :-/ it’s my first time posting any image and I utilized an searched image I found, if it’s not okay to use, I hope it doesn’t get the site in trouble and please remove it asap w/my apologies**
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

My theory:
Ahem. Let me set the seen.

At a Press Conference leading up to the Meeting at Khitomer (just slightly pre-TUC)
"General Chang!"
Standing Proud, Captain VonTra- uh, General Chang looked out at the gathered press, doing well to hide his distaste for the whole journalism industry. None of these young Klingons have tasted battle. None have any sense of honor. None-
"Yes? You from Cronus News Network?"
"How did you loose your eye?"
Silence.

None of them knew not to ask that question. and It ALWAYS came up somehow.

He just gave this odd smile, trying to go for an air of mystery. (His aide decided not to say it made him look constipated and embarrassed). "That... is a story to tell, and one that is not why we're here..."

The Conference was supposed to be about reducing hostilities with the federation, and they just want to know about his eye?

Not that they were all klingons, there were actually humans among them, from the Federation's services too. It was rather galling to think they had journalism in common.

Vultures the lot of th-

One spoke up, interrupting his thoughts, "Our viewers in the Federation know so little about the Leaders in the Empire... So-"

Question after Question. All about the eye.

Making up a story for them would be dishonorable.

... So that's what he did at the end, because no way in the grethor was he telling them that, 'you know the phrase, don't run with scissors?' or 'well, don't run with a spork!'