Jem’hadar warships are made of unobtanium 3000

Deep Space Nine
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Jem’hadar warships are made of unobtanium 3000

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

It's the 100th episode but I don't think it was called frozen.

The ships bottom didn't flatten out though in the scene where it was sledding across the surface of the planet. No doubt that most likely the bottom probably suffered severe structural failure and over time the ship's weight caused the bottom to fail as well.
Totally apologize, you’re correct and I’m sooo wrong :(
The episode I was referring to is called “Timeless”.
As to where I came up with frozen, can only speculate? Still wrong though.

The flattened deck info I remember from the conversation Chakotay and harry were having when they were onboard.

KIM: Power grid's been destroyed. Neural gel packs frozen solid. Decks nine through fourteen are now deck ten. They've been compacted.
CHAKOTAY: Looks like they hit the ice at full impulse.

I could’ve bought that the ice had damaged the decks during its long time there (glacial drift and shearing) but the comment Chakotay had about the ships speed leads me to believe the ship slammed into the ice and crushed those decks.

I’m always open to different interpretations or ideas though. :)
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Visuals are different. We are talking about smashing pretty much most of the engineering hull.

Would have been cool if we saw Voyager literally smash itself, pieces breaking off the ship, etc. But the lower part of the ship appears more or less intact.

I am willing to bet the hull collapsed on itself over the 20 years once SIF went offline and the ship started to settle.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pmWould have been cool if we saw Voyager literally smash itself, pieces breaking off the ship, etc.
We did, to a certain degree - one of the nacelles got stripped.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:00 pm
McAvoy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pmWould have been cool if we saw Voyager literally smash itself, pieces breaking off the ship, etc.
We did, to a certain degree - one of the nacelles got stripped.
Don't get me wrong. Cool scene and the nacelle getting smashed was cool.

I am just saying Voyager hit that planet hard with who knows how fast and she basically sled across the planet. Maybe the deflector dish itself suffers damage too since it's literally acting like a plow.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:30 am So is it just me or does anyone visualize a rock skipping on the water, when the saucer section is crashing down? ^-^
Even worse is if it hits hard rock on one side, so it spins while it is crashing
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:45 am
00111010 01000100 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:30 am So is it just me or does anyone visualize a rock skipping on the water, when the saucer section is crashing down? ^-^
Even worse is if it hits hard rock on one side, so it spins while it is crashing
Due to the mass of the saucer I cannot see it. I can see the saucer skipping for a two before settling.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Graham Kennedy wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:14 pm Trek ships have varied significantly in how much they resist impacts, but they do seem to be awfully strong in general. Like you say, advanced materials - duranium or tritanium - plus SIF, plus inertial dampers, all mean that you could probably drive into a cliff face at hundreds of miles an hour and hardly notice.
Let’s not forget the near mythical - Duratanium
Or the godlike Neutronium!! Supposedly composed of the same matter as neutron stars...

Back to the future reference, “this is heavy!”.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”