Response to Endgame tech

Voyager
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: Response to Endgame tech

Post by bladela »

00111010 01000100 wrote:Sometimes the use of a new super weapon isn’t as effective as the myth of a weapon. I once again fall back on my own military experience. The widespread rumor of an elite force or submarine in an area of extreme hostile actions can be far more threatening to opposing powers than an actual display of such things. Merely mentioning having a super powerful weapon is all that is needed to keep others in check out of fear of it being used. Transphasic torps May fall under the same thought process as modern day weapons.
it works if your enemy does not have the ability to "see your cards" (especially if it was a bluff).
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Corbomite!
email, ergo spam
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

IanKennedy wrote:Corbomite!
exactly what I meant ... not being able to verify the thing ... you have to choose whether to risk or not
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

00111010 01000100 wrote:Sometimes the use of a new super weapon isn’t as effective as the myth of a weapon. I once again fall back on my own military experience. The widespread rumor of an elite force or submarine in an area of extreme hostile actions can be far more threatening to opposing powers than an actual display of such things. Merely mentioning having a super powerful weapon is all that is needed to keep others in check out of fear of it being used. Transphasic torps May fall under the same thought process as modern day weapons.
Or even knowing it exists not even a rumor. Subs, aircraft carriers, large military force nearby. Or the threat of a retaliation that far exceeds that you are capable of defending or responding to.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Wasn't this used in season 6? by the "Emergency Command Hologram" ?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That wasnt really advanced tech, it was a logical, if flawed basic step up in a system.

Plot bunny idea: The Doctor knows how vital he is to the ship, so starts making holographic replacements for every crew member, all based on him with him adding a personality trait from the person they are replacing, he thinks he is being helpful, but everyone is highly offended.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I would watch an episode like that! Popcorn and snack galore to sit back and watch 100 EMH personalities insult and out egotistical each other... all while looking like the normal crew members.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”