"Star Trek: Picard" Teaser

Star Trek : Picard
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Star Trek: Picard" Teaser

Post by Graham Kennedy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:Here's a question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are the people here for this show right now? For me it's hovering around a 3, mostly because of who's in charge of it and the rumours I've heard about it.
3 huh? That High?

I'd say a 1, and only because of Patrick Stewart, otherwise -10.
Harsh!

I go three because, as you say, Patrick Stewart. And because in the pics we've seen the uniforms at least look somewhat right.

On the other hand, there's rumour that there is a Klingorc in the production. Which... ugh. I'm out if that's the case.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

I dont follow rumors because when I did for that abortion of a show I just got my blood pressure up. I swear, the more they intentionally try to make a show for so-called "SJWs" the more they fuck it up, rather than the "Idle SJW" or even "passive-aggressive SJW" stuff from previous shows - aka, TOS' Kirk and Uhuru kiss, that was gotten through passive-agressively, Sisko, Janeway as black and female captains, etc. In-show it was not treated as all that big of a deal. That is not the sense I got from oh-god-kill-it-with-fire.

And given this show is coming from the same guys, basically? ye-noooo, back away and don't look it in the eye. If you do, it'll pounce. Some say, it can smell toxic fandom from a mile away - no idea what that means, but... shh don't say a word it'll hear you OH GOD ITS COM--ARGHGHGH!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

http://trekcore.com/blog/2019/07/new-fi ... ek-picard/
We’re just under three days away from the big Enter the Star Trek Universe panel at San Diego Comic Con, where we expect to get our best look yet at the upcoming Star Trek: Picard series — but today the first official photo from production has beamed down, featuring Sir Patrick Stewart himself.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

... I am immediately reminded of an old british program called Last of the Summer Wine.. (Just google image search to know what I mean)
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Should this have been posted in a new thread?
Stan - South Park
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Nutso wrote:

Should this have been posted in a new thread?
I would say yes but it's not my website :lol:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. One thing that is bugs me about the newest trailer is the Starfleet uniforms. This is supposed to be 20 years after Nemesis, yet Starfleet seems to have reverted back to early-2370s uniforms. They should be on the ones from "All Good Things"/"The Visitor"/"Endgame".
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So, the Borg are back. Le sigh.

But Seven of Nine is there. And a lot more human, it seems. Okay, that's a positive.

Who's the mystery woman? I find myself not caring about that, especially.

Other than that... hmm. Would have liked to see a familiar ship or two in there. A GCS, or Sovereign or something.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Uniforms - seemed rather 'low grade fan recreation of early 2370s DS9/VOY uniform.

Seven: Holy crap... though her cranial implant around her left eye looks... off a little. dull. but except that, I agree, positive thing. if they can write her inclusion well. So far, I hold very little hope of that.

I'm calling it now: The girl is a genetically engineered cyborg created by Section 31 to act as a new Borg Queen, to Assimilate the Collective into Section 31/Starfleet/The Federation, but intended appearance of exernally fully 'normal' human so as not to cause a panic as would happen if Alice Krige or Susanna Thompson appeared in command of the borg saying "Federation World, We Come in Peace".
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

*This guy discusses STP stuff that wasn't yet revealed in the trailer. So, unless you've been reading other stuff, this will include character reveals. So *spoiler warning.*

Also, STP is pushed back to early 2020.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote:Uniforms - seemed rather 'low grade fan recreation of early 2370s DS9/VOY uniform.

Seven: Holy crap... though her cranial implant around her left eye looks... off a little. dull. but except that, I agree, positive thing. if they can write her inclusion well. So far, I hold very little hope of that.

I'm calling it now: The girl is a genetically engineered cyborg created by Section 31 to act as a new Borg Queen, to Assimilate the Collective into Section 31/Starfleet/The Federation, but intended appearance of exernally fully 'normal' human so as not to cause a panic as would happen if Alice Krige or Susanna Thompson appeared in command of the borg saying "Federation World, We Come in Peace".
I was thinking it was definitely Borg related. I am thinking she is a Borg nanite created cyborg. An avatar that could bring down the Borg.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I do think it's a shame that they're obviously going to write over the Destiny novels, which showed the origin of the Borg and then destroyed them completely.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

That's what happens to all Books written for a TV/Film franchise in the end - they get written over or outright ignored. I mean, Star Wars Le -... (hold on, wtF is... nevermind). Airquotes "Legends" close airquotes. Those got paved over by whenwillDisneyowneverything
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I do think it's a shame that they're obviously going to write over the Destiny novels, which showed the origin of the Borg and then destroyed them completely.
That was such a good series. I read all three on a four day weekend. Middle of a hurricane I believe.

But that was an engaging series.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park