The Orville

IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Orville

Post by IanKennedy »

katefan wrote:I finally(!) got around to watching the first episode tonight on Hulu. I thought it was decent. Not awesome but it was fun and enough for me to come back for episode two.
It gets better with time. It sort of oscillates between funny and serious, which is a reasonable balance. In it's serious times it's a lot better than Star Trek Chlamydia (STD). Actually, STD has started doing funny bits to try and keep up.
email, ergo spam
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

I've watched the following couple episodes and I've enjoyed them. I felt the episode about the baby was a little heavy handed but I thought the ending took guts seeing as it was not really a happy ending, or at least bittersweet.

I haven't seen any STD episodes so I honestly can't comment on it, but I've seen recaps of the episodes and reviews on pages like Ex Astris Scientia and it sounds like complete crap. Sorry to see it got a third season. :/
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

The Orville is certainly worth continuing with. It only gets better. You have to remember the episode you are talking about is only it's 3rd ever episode. Pretty good considering.
email, ergo spam
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Yeah I've kept up with it. Interesting how they have some big guest stars like Liam Neeson and Charleze Theron. Has STD had any big guest stars yet?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

katefan wrote:Yeah I've kept up with it. Interesting how they have some big guest stars like Liam Neeson and Charleze Theron. Has STD had any big guest stars yet?
Not that I've noticed.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Finally seeing the Orville. Kinda kept the show on the back burner. It was my Dad who urged me to watch it.

Exact words "It's funny old Trek and more Trek then the new Trek."
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote:Finally seeing the Orville. Kinda kept the show on the back burner. It was my Dad who urged me to watch it.

Your dad is a Trekkie?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Finally seeing the Orville. Kinda kept the show on the back burner. It was my Dad who urged me to watch it.

Your dad is a Trekkie?
He is an original Trekkie. Watched it when the series first came out in the 60's. Watched all of the other series too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"