Discovery
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

'Star Trek': Michelle Yeoh-Led 'Discovery' Spinoff Details

Post by Nutso »

'Star Trek': Michelle Yeoh-Led 'Discovery' Spinoff Details Revealed

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ed-1175816

Riding the high of a Critics' Choice Award win for best comedy, Michelle Yeoh has further reason to celebrate Monday.

CBS All Access has officially tapped Yeoh to captain a Star Trek series of her own: a black ops-themed spinoff of Discovery in which the actress will reprise her role and explore the next chapter in the life of Capt. Philippa Georgiou. The untitled drama will further explore Starfleet's Section 31 division, a shadow organization within the Federation featured on Star Trek: Discovery.

The untitled live-action drama, news of which leaked in November, is currently in development, but given that CBS All Access owns Star Trek and is paying Alex Kurtzman $25 million to captain the franchise, it's considered a slam dunk to move to series. The move allows CBS All Access, writers Bo Yeon Kim and Erika Lippoldt time to extend the Star Trek world and mythology as part of CBS All Access, and for Kurtzman also to plot animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks, a Patrick Stewart-led Picard live-action drama and others, including a younger-skewing Starfleet Academy entry from The O.C. duo Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: 'Star Trek': Michelle Yeoh-Led 'Discovery' Spinoff Detai

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nutso wrote:'Star Trek': Michelle Yeoh-Led 'Discovery' Spinoff Details Revealed

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ed-1175816

Riding the high of a Critics' Choice Award win for best comedy, Michelle Yeoh has further reason to celebrate Monday.

CBS All Access has officially tapped Yeoh to captain a Star Trek series of her own: a black ops-themed spinoff of Discovery in which the actress will reprise her role and explore the next chapter in the life of Capt. Philippa Georgiou. The untitled drama will further explore Starfleet's Section 31 division, a shadow organization within the Federation featured on Star Trek: Discovery.

The untitled live-action drama, news of which leaked in November, is currently in development, but given that CBS All Access owns Star Trek and is paying Alex Kurtzman $25 million to captain the franchise, it's considered a slam dunk to move to series. The move allows CBS All Access, writers Bo Yeon Kim and Erika Lippoldt time to extend the Star Trek world and mythology as part of CBS All Access, and for Kurtzman also to plot animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks, a Patrick Stewart-led Picard live-action drama and others, including a younger-skewing Starfleet Academy entry from The O.C. duo Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.
Ohhh fuck this shit... This is gonna be Marvel EU soon.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

They should take all of Discovery and say it is a Section 31 operation, then I might be able to accept it as Star Trek. As long as the end result is the advancement and protection of the Federation it makes sense.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

Vic wrote:They should take all of Discovery and say it is a Section 31 operation, then I might be able to accept it as Star Trek. As long as the end result is the advancement and protection of the Federation it makes sense.

to me too...so they won't do it, sorry :(
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

Spin off? More like spinning down the drain. c(the)bs is getting it's a$$ sued off for plagiarism, Paramount is practically broke, the jar jar-verse is DEAD, Jim and they want to put out more of this sh!t?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

They seem to be announcing new Trek shows left and right. Last I remember there was Discovery, the Picard show, a Starfleet Academy show, at least two animated shows, and now Space Hitler. It seems weird given how unsuccessful the actual JJ-related movies and shows are that they just seem to want to double down on it all.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:They seem to be announcing new Trek shows left and right. Last I remember there was Discovery, the Picard show, a Starfleet Academy show, at least two animated shows, and now Space Hitler. It seems weird given how unsuccessful the actual JJ-related movies and shows are that they just seem to want to double down on it all.
That is how they will support their online service. Disney is doing the same for their upcoming online service, Disney Plus, with it's Star Wars and Marvel TV shows. It's the Netflix model- quantity over quality because otherwise they have nothing to put on their online services except reruns. The difference is CBS is keeping it's Netflix distribution intact while Disney is moving their properties off of Netflix so they can bolster their Disney Plus.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Okay, these are rumours reported by a guy who claims to have a source inside CBS. So take with a shovel of salt. And be warned, his online persona is a little... out there. But I find it interesting...

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Startrekanmore
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Startrekanmore »

Graham Kennedy wrote:They seem to be announcing new Trek shows left and right. Last I remember there was Discovery, the Picard show, a Starfleet Academy show, at least two animated shows, and now Space Hitler. It seems weird given how unsuccessful the actual JJ-related movies and shows are that they just seem to want to double down on it all.

To quote Cyrano Jones, "Twice nothing is still nothing".
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Startrekanmore wrote:

To quote Cyrano Jones, "Twice nothing is still nothing".
You may be right. The rumours circulating say that going forward on any of these is dependent on how well Discovery does this season. If Discovery fails, the whole house of cards may come down.