Game Building / Creation

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Game Building / Creation

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Hey guys, I am curious. Does anyone know of any program or utility that will allow me to create a 4X space strategy game. Hopefully something with different complexity levels, where I can create a simplified version first to get the hang of it, and then move on from there? I'm sure there must be something around. Grateful for any help. Eventually it will hopefully incorporate economics and strategic resources, diplomacy, exploration, research, etc. I know there's loads out there, but I want to create my own, even if I have to shell out for it. I've been creating my own science fiction universe since I was 8 years old, it would be cool to turn one of my Human-moderated games into a proper computerised game, if only for myself and friends. Anyway, thanks again for any ideas.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Game Building / Creation

Post by Coalition »

Check out the Space Empires games (by Malfador Machinations), and see if any of the mods there (or modding guides) will work for you.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Game Building / Creation

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I just got Space Empires 5 (for a fiver online). I shall see how I get on with it, seems quite easy to mod the data. Cheers.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."