Oddity regarding Kraal's swarm

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Oddity regarding Kraal's swarm

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I caught Beyond on TV last night and something new occurred to me. Kraal (Edinson) and his original crew from the Franklin coudln't have been that many, yet his swarm of "bees" looks to number in the thousands. Of course there are no firm numbers for either but the swarm is big and Franklin doesn't have space for a big crew. On the other hand, each bee is not only crewed but seems to have two aboard. The obvious question is, where did the rest of Kraal's current army come from?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oddity regarding Kraal's swarm

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Huh? Most of them are piloted by those drone/robot things, which are alien tech he found on the planet.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

That was the way it was explained...
email, ergo spam
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

I guess I am still wondering why he harbors THAT much resentment... Prime Khan was a great villain because as evil as he was, he had a legitimate reason to hate Kirk. Kraal hating the Federation because the ship was lost (SPACE IS BIG) and no one came to look for him adequately would be like the surviving Donner Party hating America because a sufficient enough rescue wasn't mounted. It was such a stretch.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It wasn't just that, though. IIRC he fought the Xindi, so he said - which is fascinating, because so far as we know the only MACOs who fought the Xindi were the ones on Enterprise, meaning he may well have been there on the ship during Season 3.

Anyway, in his view he was fighting to keep the aliens away from Earth, and then a few years later the Federation is formed, which he saw as inviting those aliens back in. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a big supporter of Paxton and Terra Prime.

Then he's forced to be a Captain for the very Starfleet that he's come to hate because it's filling up with aliens and representing a government he hates for the same reason. And THEN they (in his view) turn around and abandon him.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Graham Kennedy wrote:It wasn't just that, though. IIRC he fought the Xindi, so he said - which is fascinating, because so far as we know the only MACOs who fought the Xindi were the ones on Enterprise, meaning he may well have been there on the ship during Season 3.

Anyway, in his view he was fighting to keep the aliens away from Earth, and then a few years later the Federation is formed, which he saw as inviting those aliens back in. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a big supporter of Paxton and Terra Prime.

Then he's forced to be a Captain for the very Starfleet that he's come to hate because it's filling up with aliens and representing a government he hates for the same reason. And THEN they (in his view) turn around and abandon him.
I suppose this makes more sense, but it seems an awfully long time to hold a grudge.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Alexbright99 »

We should also factor in that the alien biotechnology he found and used worsened his resentment toward Starfleet, as he became less and less human and more instinct-driven.