Rumours, news and general speculation

Discovery
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rumours, news and general speculation

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Anybody notice that that they're now openly calling it a "reboot"?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DonP
Senior chief petty officer

Post by DonP »

Well, at least this a-hole is. If there's a single brain cell left at CBS (big if, I know), they'll be distancing themselves from this interview ASAP.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Can't you blokes get those Liverpudlians in line? ;)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Maybe he is so accustomed by being beloved and hated by Potterheads that he thinks Trekkies are the same kind of fans.

Or maybe it was an error to not have the talented and beautiful Michelle Yeoh being captain of Discovery.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Or maybe he's right... It's not his job to worry about what the "die hard" fans think. He's there to play the Captain of the Discovery. If he does well, the show will gain fans. If he does poorly it'll lose fans. The die hard don't really factor into that. He's not playing a part of an old trek story or something, he's playing a new character in a new story. They've got to do their own thing, and he shouldn't be worrying about radical fans. 1/2 of whom already hate the show, 1/3 of whom are undecided, and 1/4 of whom will watch the show anyway. (numbers guestimated)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The more I see it the more I wish this took place around the C era and was about the Shenzou. It would fit fine and the ship at least looks decent.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

According to an article Here, the designers intend for the look to evolve closer to TOS as the show goes on for.... Reasons(?)
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Probably because of fans reactions but they are slow to understand....
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:According to an article Here, the designers intend for the look to evolve closer to TOS as the show goes on for.... Reasons(?)
The reason is that they've noticed that fans hate the aesthetic of this show and they are trying to come up with a justification for their poor choices.

Nobody creates a show on the basis that it will suck early on, but gradually turn into something the fans like as it goes on.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DonP

Post by DonP »

All true. Again, though, on a positive note, if they do actually incorporate some elements of The Final Reflection into the Klingons (big if, I know), that will raise my estimation of at least that element of the show immensely.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

DonP wrote:All true. Again, though, on a positive note, if they do actually incorporate some elements of The Final Reflection into the Klingons (big if, I know), that will raise my estimation of at least that element of the show immensely.
Apparently the Final Reflection was required reading for the writers ... At least when Fuller was in charge.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

You just made me discover an interesting book.

Pretty sure It will force me to improve my english. ^^
DonP

Post by DonP »

It really is an excellent one, in my opinion, and a very different take on the Klingons than the one that came out of TNG.