Funny pics

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Funny pics

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mikey wrote:I don't get the joke. Are you saying that homosexuality is something at which to be laughed, or that it's a joke to have homosexuals in professional athletics?
It's a joke because someone created that to inspire laughter through the contrast between the seriousness of the actual players and the two added figures posing as Bedoya and Jones parodying the same body motion of the players in a more romantic light.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Lt. Staplic wrote:
Mikey wrote:I don't get the joke. Are you saying that homosexuality is something at which to be laughed, or that it's a joke to have homosexuals in professional athletics?
It's a joke because someone created that to inspire laughter through the contrast between the seriousness of the actual players and the two added figures posing as Bedoya and Jones parodying the same body motion of the players in a more romantic light.
It seems a lot more like, "Let's laugh at these two guys because we are saying that they are gay," which means that homosexuality is something at which to be laughed. I don't subscribe to that sort of bigotry.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Neither do I, thus I stand by my initial remark that the joke was in the two added figures making fun of the seriousness with which the actual team was displaying in their animated lineup.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That is what I thought too. I don't think it has anything to do with making fun of homosexuals.

But initially I had no idea how they introduced players in soccer, for all I knew I thought that was normal. Maybe they were married or something.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Neither do I, thus I stand by my initial remark that the joke was in the two added figures making fun of the seriousness with which the actual team was displaying in their animated lineup.
That's also how I read it. The joke makes you realice how ridiculous the whole introduction scene is.

Mikey, I think you are unnecessarily white knighting here....
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I didn't find it controversial or anything. Personally, I just didn't find it funny.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

There are a decent number of pics in this 454 page thread that I do not find funny... but humor is different to different people...

What I want is a picture of the Dinklage woman without the mask...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Jim wrote:There are a decent number of pics in this 454 page thread that I do not find funny... but humor is different to different people...

What I want is a picture of the Dinklage woman without the mask...
Yeah, humor is the ultimate 'mileage may vary' thing. Some pics in this thread were bizarre at best for me.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

99.99% of the stuff here is varying from that sucks to mildly amusing as in my face cracked a smile a millimeter to actually laughing out loud.

It's all about taste. As far this gif, it was for me neutral.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Damn.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Atekimogus wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:Neither do I, thus I stand by my initial remark that the joke was in the two added figures making fun of the seriousness with which the actual team was displaying in their animated lineup.
That's also how I read it. The joke makes you realice how ridiculous the whole introduction scene is.

It's possible. Then again, if that were the case then I'd have to wonder why the "jokers" chose that particular scenario rather than any of the myriad other ridiculous things that could have occurred. Like this.

*sigh* I guess my point is that if out of all the possible jokes in the world, the one that they chose to make was making fun of someone for being Jewish, nobody would take me to task for indicting the "joke" for its obvious bigotry - because I'm a Jew and supposedly have the right to indict anti-Semitism. Why can't I indict a homophobic joke simply because I'm not gay?
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Too far?
I mean the guy put a lot of work into this. He saw roadkill, ran home to get his Star Prince costume, and called a friend to take this once in a lifetime photo.
Stan - South Park
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Mikey wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:

It's possible. Then again, if that were the case then I'd have to wonder why the "jokers" chose that particular scenario rather than any of the myriad other ridiculous things that could have occurred. Like this.

*sigh* I guess my point is that if out of all the possible jokes in the world, the one that they chose to make was making fun of someone for being Jewish, nobody would take me to task for indicting the "joke" for its obvious bigotry - because I'm a Jew and supposedly have the right to indict anti-Semitism. Why can't I indict a homophobic joke simply because I'm not gay?
I"m not saying you can't. Nor am I disagreeing with you simply because you're not gay, and in fact I would stand by my interpretation regardless of your orientation. I disagree with you on the joke that was made. I don't see this as a homophobic joke, but one parodying how serious the team was taking itself. I'm not requiring you to laugh or share the joke, but nor will I apologize for my own interpretation.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I disagree with you on the joke that was made. I don't see this as a homophobic joke, but one parodying how serious the team was taking itself.
Obviously the point of the joke was to parody the portrayed seriousness of the intro vids. I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that the means by which that joke was made is homophobic; if nobody thought of a specifically homophobic way to make that joke, then the odds of that particular joke being made randomly are so slim as to be functionally nil.
Lt. Staplic wrote:but nor will I apologize for my own interpretation.
I don't require you to. Your interpretation is still wrong, though, in the sense that you are willfully ignoring the methodology of the joke - homophobia and bigotry - in order to discuss the intent of the joke - parodying the intro vids.
Nutso wrote:ran home to get his Star Prince costume
*sigh* It's Star Lord. ;)
as Bull offed Custer
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Australia is best continent-country in world.
Stan - South Park